My Hairdresser's Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlybyNight

Reaction score
Tricky and topical one this. My hairdresser gets her nails done at a Vi.....ese salon every two weeks (infills) it takes about an hour. She said to me today that her nails are paper thin, every visit is painful, her nailbeds are sore....need I harp on? They use a drill every time she goes. She doesn't like to spend much time getting her nails done. 1 hr infils, 1.5 for whole set. How do I convince her the error of her ways? I cant compete with this timing. I have explained that sometimes prep will take 30mins to remove dead cells. Why it is important etc. I have not put her salon down as I feel everyone has a choice. But how do I try without sounding like sour grapes?:confused:

Hiya.....to be honest she should not need convincing with nails that are causing her pain.....that should be enough....if everytime she ate bread it made her sick i bet she would stop eating it !!!!!!

As for the time scale...well just shows that being quick isnt about being better .... this again should speak for itself with her nails being so bad.

Really i think she is an adult and commen sence would be telling me not to keep going back to a place that results in pain....she doesnt need to be trained to know that somethings wrong.

best of luck xxxx

I know that i wouldn't go back to my Hairdresser if she kept cutting me with her scissors...!! Need i say more !

FlybyNight said:
Tricky and topical one this. My hairdresser gets her nails done at a Vi.....ese salon every two weeks (infills)

Vietnam is a long way to go to get your nails done :eek:

One and half hours is not that ridiculous for a full set it takes me 1.45hrs, I would suggest manciures to get her nails back to shape if they are so badly damamged.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't always make it drink!

If you really want to convert her why not offer to do a set for her so she can see how they should be done.

It'll be hard work for you as it'll take ages to soak them off if they use a product with MMA, and prep will be painful for her, but at least she'll have so idea of how a treatment should be.

Tough call - personally I'm with Nailstyle - she's old enough and wise enough to know better and if she's not prepared to take your professional advice on board, then that's her (bad) decision

And Fab Freak sums it up really

You can lead a horse to water but you can't always make it drink!

I totally agree with all your comments. She says she sticks with them because the nails NEVER budge!! She says she is fairly heavy handed and her hands are only in water when she washes hair - otherwise she wears gloves. I guess though there are some people you can never convince. I thought about offering a free set, but then again as a NEWBIE GEEK my timing is probably a lot slower than most of you. Especially in L&P. I can compete with gel!:D Then I thought of the embarrasment of her looking at her watch and fidgeting - then I bottled out!!!! I didnt want to appear to be poaching someone elses customers either. I just hope my horrified expression :eek: when she described the state of her nails was maybe enough to get her thinking...... Will keep you posted.... If you want?!

please do....xxx

I wouldn't worry about how long it takes you to do a full set as long as you know that you are doing the job to the best of your ability. I'm not the fastest person in the world when it comes to doing L&P .......I take up to 2 hours, but I explain to the client that I would rather spend longer getting the job right (pain free) than rushing things and damaging the nail plate. Speed comes with practice.

Having your nails done , whether manicure or enhancements should be a pleasurable experience to every one.

HTH

Oh, yes, I forgot to add that last time they infilled her nails they cut her by using a sharp file three times! So girls, I think she must have a high pain threshold or be stupid. File cuts really hurt, but sore nail beds are there all the time!

Latest posts

Back