my job search update

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terifranci

Reaction score
Well i did it!!!! my first trade test. I wasnt as nervous as thought id be thanks to all you helpfull advice.I enjoyed showing what I can do and the salon owner was impressed and gave me the job on the spot.

BUT! she wanted me to work for free for the first 2 weeks, then £40 a day 9.30 am till 7.30pm (she charges £40 a full set) and as " creative is to expensive" i had to use products from vietnam and an electric drill

I wanted to say " im a creative nail tech not a butcher!" but i bit my tonge and said id give her a call.
Although i do feel a little disapointed i am not going to give up.i have sent my cv to Nail haven in selfridges and the New york nail co.
If anyone out there has any ideas that would be great
ill keep you all posted :lol:

There are not many employers out there who will not exploit nail technicians. I have found it quite dispicable the salaries on offer. Yes, they do have overheads but so do other industries and they manage to give decent hourly rates of pay. That is why so many good nail technicians are self-employejd.

Good luck!

Glad you bit the bullet and went for it, even if you were disappointed in what was offered. i would respect you more for wanting what you deserve and not just taking this job that was offered to you.

Well done you for taking a stand and going for something else. I wish you all the luck in the world. I'm sure you will get a great job soon.

thanks for the advice and support.
Im sure the right job will turn up soon.In the mean time i will keep up with
my practice.

Latest posts

Back