My Web site is on the first page!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inspirations

Divorced Geek
Reaction score
My Web site is on the first page!!!

Thanks to Seanny's help. My web site comes up first when I type in 'Nails Basingstoke' in MSN search engine. Google still isn't very good, but atleast I am on there.

If you need any help with your web site, contact him. He will help anyone who is willing to help themselves.

Get your web site up there at the top!!

Thank you seanny.

Great news Carol. Good for you! :cool: It's nice to hear about the success you guys are having with your sites. Dont worry too much about Google, it's throwing a tantrum at the moment and everything is up in the air, your site will come good there too eventually.

I just did the same and yahoo.com and well "yahoo" its first on that too.

Ooh this soo exciting!!!

GREAT IS`NT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am clueless with pc`s, this would never have happened for me if sean had`nt helped me. thankyou so much sean!

Had a look at your site and its really good - fresh looking and easy to get round. Congratulations on getting on the first page of MSN - its not easy with these search engines.

Your website looks fab. :D

Its so unfair, I want a website but i can't set one up on my PC :cry: It won't let me coz i have an anti-virus thingy bob on it, but when i turned it off to try that way then i got loads of bugs and mu computer crashes all the time and is really slow:irked: .

I saw your nails on a thread for the comp the other day, they look great too.

exceptionail said:
Your website looks fab. :D

Its so unfair, I want a website but i can't set one up on my PC :cry: It won't let me coz i have an anti-virus thingy bob on it, but when i turned it off to try that way then i got loads of bugs and mu computer crashes all the time and is really slow:irked: .

I saw your nails on a thread for the comp the other day, they look great too.
thank you...

I have my website through www.1and1.co.uk. Would you be able to do it through that? I have an antivirus thingy on my pc, but it doesn't stop me doing that..

I know what you mean about letting the guard down for a bit. I did that and my husband (who is in IT) went mad.

"Uh, I've got to fix it now...don't ever let it down...ever!!" is what I got told...GRUMP!!!
Your not that bad Pete...(he sometimes checks up on me on here!)

inspirations said:
thank you...

I have my website through www.1and1.co.uk. Would you be able to do it through that? I have an antivirus thingy on my pc, but it doesn't stop me doing that..

I know what you mean about letting the guard down for a bit. I did that and my husband (who is in IT) went mad.

"Uh, I've got to fix it now...don't ever let it down...ever!!" is what I got told...GRUMP!!!
Your not that bad Pete...(he sometimes checks up on me on here!)

I haven't got a clue how to fix it. I'm no good with computers.

It was 1&1 that i tried with. I paid for it chose my design (the same outline as yours in fact) Very nice :lol: But when it came to editing it the eggtimer stayed on.

Never mind, when i get enough money i will pay some1 to do it for me, some1 who knows what they're doing, & thats not me:lol:

well done girl!!!!! Its well worth putting in the effort. Well done Seanny too I agree he has been such a great help and a book of knowledge for web site help and getting on the search engines. I decided to completely revamp my site after Seanny's advice and it worked it is now getting me business from the site alone and I never thought it would work like that I am so chuffed and pleased to have had the help from him too and I have also been really lucky to have a dad who helps me with the site and keeps changing things when I ask him to lol!!! Think he will be pleased when I stop changing things lol!!! :lol:

well done girl, love the site, and you have created some lovely nail art, you should be proud of yourself.

beck

exceptionail said:
It was 1&1 that i tried with. I paid for it chose my design (the same outline as yours in fact) Very nice :lol: But when it came to editing it the eggtimer stayed on.

If you've paid for a package with 1&1, you should be able to choose and design your site now, it shouldnt matter if you have anti-virus software running, after all that's the whole reason for having it. If you have a virus on your pc, pay a visit to Housecall and let them scan your pc. Take note however, on the initial scan it may take about 10 minutes for them to run through your computer and in fact it looks like nothing is happening. It is all going on behind the scenes though, trust me.

If you would like some assistance with your 1&1 site, PM me and we'll see what we can do.

Loo Carol and Dawn, thanks for the compliments, my work is now done. It's up to you guys to ensure that your new found success in the search engines brings greater rewards. Make sure your site remains optimised and give your visitors a reason to return by providing quality content. You are all on the right track, keep up the good work. :)

Oh well done Caz! Keep up all the hard work too!

LOl well Seanny a big fat thank you......... Yahoo.co.uk 1st listing, Google.com 1st listing, AOL first on matching sites.1st listing............. just checked out nail services london....... and there I am..............
Cheers pal xxxx

Sean, a big thankyou from me. I too have come up on first page of MSN. Thanks. I only have a front page, now I want a site, how do I go about this?

Ruth hun, a big fat 'your welcome' straight back at ya. You guys are making the changes that I recommend and your sites are coming up trumps. It's always been my aim to get the first page of nail-related search queries in Google to show only proper nail sites. I honestly dont care if that's The Nail Directory, Liberty Nail Design, Nails In London, Harmony In Beauty, Aurora Nails...... or whoever else. If its just nail sites in the results, at least we're all playing on a level playing field. Just be aware that the big sites that previously hogged the results, ie, Eb@y etc, are also noticing the difference and they wont be standing still for long. You've gotta keep on top of the game, this is just the first hurdle.

Sam hun, you say you've got a front page but you aren't including it in your signature. Why's that? The Geek site is a treasure trove, you should be using it to promote your page as best you can. Regarding a full site, PM me and I'll get back to you. *S*

Latest posts

Back