Nail courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meme1281712

Reaction score
Hey girls, does anyone know somewhere is Leicestershire or Warwickshire that does gel and acrylic nail courses in a day or two days so fast track? Hopefully not too expensive n I do have kits xx

So you have no experience with nails and are looking for a course to teach you everything in a few days? I'm not asking to be condescending, just making sure we're on the same page. If so, I doubt it, and I definitely wouldnt recommend it, theres soooo much to learn, really. Not sure how it works where you're from, I'm in the USA and in my particular state nail technician is 300 hours, 153 of which are just bookwork because there are soo many things you NEED to know, laying acrylic and gel is just a small portion of what is needed. There are diseases of the nail that are super important to know, dont learn em, screw up and there goes your license (if you'd get one in a short course like that) and quite possibly you'd be looking at a lawsuit. You need to know anatomy and ergonomics of doing nails, if you go without that stuff you could develop carpal tunnel syndrome at a really early point in your career and then you have to figure something else out. All of that being said, I totally didnt answer your question and I'm sorry, lol. And again not trying to be condescending or anything, I dont know how it works there, just trying to wrap my mind around the idea.

A day to learn gel nails?! You wouldnt even cover all the health and safery and contra indications etc in one day! Never mind prep, proper use of products, applying tips, the gel, infills, removal etc!

I personally know the big company in the uk that have 1 day courses how to teach nails even in two systems in 1 day!! But I'm not going to tell how are they called as they are no good. Its impossible to teach nails in one day !
I believe if anyone who want to do nails needs to have a passion for it.. not only doing a quick course and off your go destorying people's nails and charging money for it - it's not fair.

I totally agree with everyones points that learning in a short space of time doesn't cover everything u need, sometimes not even the basics, but it is so hard in the UK as a whole to find good Nail Technician courses, that are in depth learning with good qualifications at the end of it.
I trained with salon systems on a short course, and it was good, but I have done so much more additional learning/ reading off my own back and i still want to learn more!
All the big brands offer training, but they're normally only a week max, and colleges can be few and far between, so finding training can be difficult.
I hope you do find something hun, let me know if you would recommend them!! x

I'm an educator from Astonishing Nails brand and all I can say it's good.
We have intesive courses only and for example foundation courses with acrylic or gel system that last for 4 days but it's spread over 1 month and in that time you have to do your homework including 8 sets of nails. So you are practising before doing nails on your clients. The exam as well is hard and it's very stirct if it's coming to scoring our students.
I hope you will find a course that will suits you and your clients needs as they are the most important.

Latest posts

Back