Nail kit for girlfriend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Harman

Reaction score
Hello, I've been googling for nail kits etc and it always reverts to this website. So now I have to sign up to girly things just to help find my girlfriend a good gift

Now, my girlfriend is recently getting into acrylic nails to become a nail tech...

I want to buy her some really really good gear that she can use that only the top pro's would get, no crappy stuff lol

I know nothing about this so would be awesome for you guys to give me a list and recommendations on some bits I could get her for xmas

Hello, I've been googling for nail kits etc and it always reverts to this website. So now I have to sign up to girly things just to help find my girlfriend a good gift

Now, my girlfriend is recently getting into acrylic nails to become a nail tech...

I want to buy her some really really good gear that she can use that only the top pro's would get, no crappy stuff lol

I know nothing about this so would be awesome for you guys to give me a list and recommendations on some bits I could get her for xmas

This is so lovely that you've signed up for ideas!

Theres so many brands I could recommend to you, however the only thing is - you might struggle purchasing them for her as you have to send certificates of qualifications to purchase on the brands/wholesalers websites.

If she's currently training, how about a 'Nail Trainer' practice hand? It's like a mannequin hand that you attach to the table and has flexible fingers and removable nails to practice acrylics, painting, gel nails etc.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1480457102.343858.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1480457124.061021.jpg

Other things you'll be able to purchase are MoYou stamping kits, Magpie Beauty glitters, Lecente Glitters which are all popular brands for nail art.

Hope this helps. X

Ahh that's very nice of you. If you are after quality products most of high quality brands authorise sales once you have made an account with them and sent them your certificates to show you are qualified to purchase the product. So you may find it difficult.

However you could always get her accessories, what's her plan? To work mobile or set up a home salon?

First up glitters from magpie are great. Which you can buy, you can mix this into acrylic or use with gel polish to get different effect. We all love these. Hehe.
http://www.magpiebeauty.co.uk/

Or a pretty bag like glamour bag from Roo beauty for her to carry her stuff in (only if mobile though, otherwise some accessories for setting up at home would be good)
I have this one it's fab and on offer at moment. Great for organising all your bits.

https://www.roobeauty.com/glamour-session-bag-london.html

If there is a particular brand she wants to train with it may be worth finding that out and perhaps contributing towards the price of training?

Gd luck shopping.

As the others have said, professional suppliers only sell to trained professionals so you would struggle to buy them.

I love the idea of getting her accessories if she plans on working after her course. Do you know what she plans to do?

Roo beauty do amazing bags and cases.

The training hand is great too.

Another idea would be to put money towards extra courses or to give her money with explicit instructions about what it is to be spent on.

There is a beauty show in March. You could go together and get her kitted out x

I'd start with education, they might not be sexy but personally I love learning and my Husband purchased some text books for me when I first started out.

How about:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Technician-Hairdressing-Industry-Authority/dp/1408032449 (written by one of the best known names in Nails)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Structure-Product-Chemistry-Douglas-Schoon-x/dp/140186709X (written by THE chemistry man in nails)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nailclass-...80497359&sr=1-1&keywords=nailclass+gigi+rouse (This is only really available second hand as it was a limited number published, but one of the founding members of this board and someone who has been in the industry for over 30)

If she currently isnt training with a certified educator how about booking her on a course??
I did my level 2 nails as an evening course at my local college there are also companies that offer training.

Enquire at your local college, and Google nail technician courses in your area?
Companies I'm aware of that offer training are:
Sallys
Nsi
Astonishing nails

There are also online courses but my personal opinion is I'd like to work with people and be shown I'm doing it all right instead of watching and copying tutorials. And when your with a group of people you can exchange knowledge and get tips/ brand's/ ideas from one another.

Hope all works out well.

Thank you all for your fast replys and all the tips, you've helped me out a lot already!

Yeah she's been practicing loads and I think she's really good, she doesn't have any certs but I know she wants them! Where would you recommend her go? Somewhere well known to all the professionals?

The CND academy's do lots of courses from complete beginner and are known as the best of the best in the industry.
www.sweetsquared.com is the UK provider.

Definitely CND through sweetsquared.

You may be able to find shorter or cheaper courses but buy cheap buy twice as they say.

A huge thing to know in this industry is not to scrimp because it will bite you in the butt lol.

I love the effort you're going to for her. It's very sweet and nice to see x

There are many educators and you will get lots of different suggestions on here as we all have our favourites.
NSI, CND, Young Nails are a few to look at and I wouldn't say that any are "the best"
You'll get more recommendations so the best thing to do is note them down then do a bit of research to see what's most appropriate and within your budget.
Good luck!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back