Nail stamping problem!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I realise there is many threads on this but have read through them and tried stuff but I still can't get it to work! I am fairly new to nails as just finished my level 2 in beauty but have been trying to stamp for a while, I brought a cheap set off eBay and can only get it to lift the design sometimes and only ever partially. So I brought off moyou London the new marshmallow set and polishes and it doesn't pick up at all! Am at my wits end with it! I saw a video saying to prime it but not sure what that is? Any help at all would be appreciated thank you

I stamp most days but it took a few goes to get it right. 2 things spring to mind...1) have you removed the clear/blue film over the front of the plates? One of my clients purchased some plates not knowing there was a film over them (that was clear in her defense), the pro plates usually have a blue film on them.

2) Don't press the stamper too hard, it just pushes the polish out of the groves of the image. I roll the stamper slightly from left to right, or top to bottom depending on my mood, to pick up the image.

You may need to 'prime' the stamper head to get a perfect crisp image, but deal with actually picking up an image first then you can tweek things like 'priming'

HTH

Thanks for your reply, yep blue film is removed. I feel like I have tried every which way to try and get the stamper to pick it up but when I've calmed down from my rage lol I will try again. I didn't know if I needed to prime that why it wasn't picking it up at all but thank you again.

Thanks for your reply, yep blue film is removed. I feel like I have tried every which way to try and get the stamper to pick it up but when I've calmed down from my rage lol I will try again. I didn't know if I needed to prime that why it wasn't picking it up at all but thank you again.

OK, are you working quick enough? The stamping polish is highly pigmented and can dry quite quickly if you faff about too much, then you definitely won't get an image.

With regards to priming, it's worth trying it if all else is failing. If you have a sticky stamper I wash mine twice in fairy liquid to remove some of the tackiness. Don't wash it with anything that has conditioning ingredients, you want to wash off anything on it, oils, etc.

Dry on paper towel preferable so no fluffy bits or fuzzies.

I use the CND Koala buffer to prime mine, I gently buff in a circular motion from one side to the other, you can see the dust and film form as you move along in a line. If you cant see anything press a little harder. Once I've done one side to the other I press the stamper on a lint roller to remove any of the debris left and try stamping again.

Let me now how it goes

I realise there is many threads on this but have read through them and tried stuff but I still can't get it to work! I am fairly new to nails as just finished my level 2 in beauty but have been trying to stamp for a while, I brought a cheap set off eBay and can only get it to lift the design sometimes and only ever partially. So I brought off moyou London the new marshmallow set and polishes and it doesn't pick up at all! Am at my wits end with it! I saw a video saying to prime it but not sure what that is? Any help at all would be appreciated thank you

My moyou didn't work the first time I tried either, but I wiped the stamper over with IPA and it worked first time :) xx

Thanks for you help I have now got it [emoji3][emoji3] was pressing to hard, so happy now just need to keep practising to get it more crisp and to cover the full nail [emoji16] thanks again x

Totally Struggling too!!! i have even just ordered some more moyou polishes as whatever i try doesn't work!! had a lady tonight and i actually had to give up on the stamping! so embarrassing luckily she was lovely and preferred the feather i did freehand anyhow…or so she said!! I have buffed the stamp, rolled the stamp, tried to work quickly etc etc ggggrrrrrrrrrrr giving up!!!

Totally Struggling too!!! i have even just ordered some more moyou polishes as whatever i try doesn't work!! had a lady tonight and i actually had to give up on the stamping! so embarrassing luckily she was lovely and preferred the feather i did freehand anyhow…or so she said!! I have buffed the stamp, rolled the stamp, tried to work quickly etc etc ggggrrrrrrrrrrr giving up!!!
Are you using mouyou stamper and polishes?

I can't get hard stampers to work at all. The moyou and konad ones are hard.
I've read on blogs that the sticky, squishy ones. Or the marshmallow ones pick up images much easier so I want to find one of those

Must read the op duh! Ignore me!

New I can't get hard stampers to work at all. The moyou and konad ones are hard.
I've read on blogs that the sticky, squishy ones. Or the marshmallow ones pick up images much easier so I want to find one of those
I have both but I can't get the soft one to work properly yet find the hard one prints perfectly lol I guess it's trial and error to see which suits us best.

The best stamper I've ever had is the Creative Stamper.

Well worth a try x

This months nail box inc a moyou squishy stamper, scraper and stamp plate and the squishy stamper worked first time, was very impressed with this little nail box

This months nail box inc a moyou squishy stamper, scraper and stamp plate and the squishy stamper worked first time, was very impressed with this little nail box

Is it the sticky or non sticky squishy one?
I'm trying to decide between the two!

It's the sticky one.

Are you using mouyou stamper and polishes?
I have moyou, born pretty, random off ebay…konad….. have used cheap, old, new, monad, polishes etc to try it and I'm stuck!!

Any tips really appreciated…?

My issue is with the moyou hard ones. I can pick up the image (sometimes!) but I can't get it on the nail fully and the print lifts off too!

My issue is with all!! lol@! i can't pick up an image but can stamp what little is on it!! would love to be able to do it as i love the images that people show of theirs!

Hi guys, I'll see if I can help. If using a mouyou stamper wipe with scrub fresh or gelish wipe off. Also clean your plates with this or acetone and make sure they're dry. Then take your polish pref Konad or mouyou and paint about a third to half of the image and scrap the excess over the rest. Roll the stamper over the images and then role into the nail.
Hope that helps x

My friend bought a stamper and was having the same problem so brought it round to me to see if I could help. She assured me she was working fast, as soon as she saw me do it she realised she wasn't! The most important part of the process is the scraping and transferring it onto the the stamper. Scrape very fast, about a 45 degree angle, one quick swipe and then immediately get it on the stamper! If you wait too long you wont get the image on there, I actually have the stamper in my other hand whilst I scrape, ready to go! As soon as my friend got home she did it absolutely problem free and sent me a photo. 100% the problem was speed. When you first do it, you will feel flustered and in a bit of a tiz, because there are multiple things you have to do in quick succession. Don't worry! After a few goes at it it will be pretty seamless and feel quite natural.

Latest posts

Back