Nail tech issues

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairmummy

Reaction score
How long would you is the amount of time acrylic tips take to do.

I think I have answered this in your other thread, but 1 hour 30 minutes from consultation to rebooking is an acceptable time.
Someone starting out may struggle with this, and it can be tricky to deal with , if she takes 2 hours but the client is happy and there are no issues between appointments then that is good for your business.
If a set gets rushed and the client is back with issues and repairs then that is not good.
After someone has done 100 sets of nails, they should be great with timing and able to cope with any kind of nail that walks in the door. Working in a salon should get you there quicker, but it still takes a bit of time.
As a salon owner you need to balance being supportive with pushing her to reach set goals. Good Luck.

However working in a salon does make you push yourself to get your times down whilst keeping your standards high.
It can be daunting walking in and seeing your column full and back to back sets of enhancements, but that is your job! However as an employee you are getting paid the same hourly rate whether you have 1 client in or 6! I think that is why so many nail techs are self employed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back