nail trainer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjbizzle

Reaction score
hi, i have found this to be great help to me over the past months. thanks everyone for your input.
i am wanting to buy a nail trainer to use along side my course there are 2 you can get an essentials one and a creative one what is the difference , which one is best and wheres the best place to get it from

thanks
pinkfizzle
xxx

The nail trainer is the same whether or not you buy it from Essential nails or Designer Nails. If you buy it from Designer Nails, the logo on the trainer is that of the Creative Nail Academy (which is much smarter than the EN logo)! :)

Both cost the same.

If you wish to order from Designer Nails (distributor for Creative Nail Design) then ring 0113 275 5719 and speak to sales.

thanks geeg i thought you might have the answer, also thanks for all the information you put together that you can use to help with assignments

You are more than welcome!

guys, these nail trainers seem very expensive. I am just looking for something to practise nail polish on for the moment as it's hard to manage to get live models all the time who don't get annoyed at all the splodges. Is there anything else I can use in the meantime? I've shelled out so much money already for the course fees and kit/uniform that I really don't want to spend 200euro on a nail trainer also. My Nail Tech course starts after Christmas so I'll have to buy the kit then also. I am really enjoying this course but I desperately need to practise, any ideas anyone? My husband is sick of all the red nail varnish and keeps disappearing to the garage when I take my kit out!!

paws said:
guys, these nail trainers seem very expensive. I am just looking for something to practise nail polish on for the moment as it's hard to manage to get live models all the time who don't get annoyed at all the splodges. Is there anything else I can use in the meantime?
Hi,

I agree but having got mine, it's priceless. I can see your point though, if you just want to practice polishing.....
A few suggestions:

Buy some nails tips from Sallys or a supplier (only go for cheapy ones) and stick onto an orange stick with some blue tack and hey presto! a pretend nail. The downside is you can only hold one at a time and you can't practice not getting polish on the skin as there isn't any!
Practice on yourself, if you're right handed, practice polishing your left hand, then if you get it everywhere it doesn't matter so much...
Sallys & other wholesalers sell practice hands for about £6. Not as good as a nail trainer as you can't position them and they don't clamp to the table, it's just a lifesize rubber hand. Not sure how they fare with polish remover though. Again, you could stick tips onto this and at least it gives you a lifelike hand/fingers so you learn where / where not to put the brush to avoid skin.

Amanda G is selling a hand trainer..pm her!!

you can buy practice fingers that have a little slot in to slide a tip in place, i think they only cost a couple of quid.

I did my initial training on the nail trainer, including polish application, it was an invaluable tool to me and without it I wouldn't be here today. I beleive that Essential Nails should be thanked for their fantastic invention and not slatted for it as so often ocours.

It is not where your training as a tech ends, it is purely the begining. So long as this is respected, what a fantastic grounding of nails you will get. The best thing being that you can make your mistakes on it rather than wrecking someones natural nails.

Take it easy

Latest posts

Back