Nails for Co-workers & Commissions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salonone

Reaction score
I am a bit peeved. I thought I would do a nice thing for my fellow co-workers, I work in a salon, give them a break on nails and only charge them $20 for a full set. My normal price is $50. The owner wants a cut of it! I just can't figure it! Geez! Are all owners this friggin greedy. He also wants a percentage of any product I retail. I said I would do a cash sale and it would not go through his till, nope he wants a piece of the action. I don't know how I am going to get ahead with him wanting to take a commission on everything.

Thing is a I really like working in this salon. The hair stylists are super great, it is like a two minute walk from my house, and the place is absolutely sterile clean. My clients are lovely and give me compliments and great tips.

OH GROAN! :irked: Any suggestions?????

salonone said:
I am a bit peeved. I thought I would do a nice thing for my fellow co-workers, I work in a salon, give them a break on nails and only charge them $20 for a full set. My normal price is $50. The owner wants a cut of it! I just can't figure it! Geez! Are all owners this friggin greedy. He also wants a percentage of any product I retail. I said I would do a cash sale and it would not go through his till, nope he wants a piece of the action. I don't know how I am going to get ahead with him wanting to take a commission on everything.

Thing is a I really like working in this salon. The hair stylists are super great, it is like a two minute walk from my house, and the place is absolutely sterile clean. My clients are lovely and give me compliments and great tips.

OH GROAN! :irked: Any suggestions?????

yea, don't do their nails cheap and tell them why! then they will moan at him!

sorry, hun, realistically, i wouldn't give them a discount at work because you are losing out 3 ways, you are losing salon time, giving a discount and losing to him on commission. why don't you get them to come to your house to have their nails done for cheap. then you can just pocket the money and he can't have a say in it because its on your time.

Latest posts

Back