Natural nail Care

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MommyFort

Reaction score
First I thank all of you who responded to my last thread on caring for my nails! I went over to the Ulta salon and got some Toughen Up, Super Shiney, Solar Oil, Nail drying spray, new files, and some Opi Pinking of You! I did my nails (although not as nice as at the salon) and today is 3 days later and no chipping or peeling at all!! Whoo whoo!

On to my question...
when using the solar oil do I put it on before I paint? I used some non-actetone plosh remover to remove the oil...but I wondered if it did anything since I took it right off a few minutes later... I've been rubbing it in daily in the morning over the polished nails (just on the cuticle). Is this right??? I have to call that Creative salon I found 30 minutes away and make an appt in a few weeks! Being a new mom of 2 is pretty crazy! I'm so happy to have found this board!!!

Valerie

hi Valerie,

I am so glad that you are pleased. The nails must be free of oil before you apply the base coat. Just use the Solar Oil on a daily basis on your already varnished nails.

Hope that makes sense.

Latest posts

Back