Natural nail damage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NatCas

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I have recently started out with IBD JGP and I think it is a great product, however, when I removed it to change colours I have found it has left my natural nails very thin, paperlike and I could feel the heatspike when curing the new polish so I know they are a little damaged now. I never had this before my nails have always been very healthy. I am now quite worried about using this on paying clients. Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks

Did you use the IBD bonder before hand, and also the IBD base coat?
Are you using cuticle oil regularly?

Another thing I would ask is - are you on any medication that could perhaps effect the health and quality of your keratin for your hair and nails?

Perhaps take a short break from prolonged use? e.g 3 or 4 weeks or so.

These are all the things I would ask my clients if they came to me with the same problem.

Did you use the IBD bonder before hand, and also the IBD base coat?
Are you using cuticle oil regularly?

Another thing I would ask is - are you on any medication that could perhaps effect the health and quality of your keratin for your hair and nails?

Perhaps take a short break from prolonged use? e.g 3 or 4 weeks or so.

These are all the things I would ask my clients if they came to me with the same problem.

I completed my nail prep, used IBD powerbond, base coat, 2 layers of colour, top coat then cleansed.
I use cuticle oil regularly and am not on any medication.

All I can think is maybe I have been a little heavy handed in my removal and buffing. I have been removing with actetone rather than the IBD just gel remover. Although IBD does say you can use acetone as an alternative. Maybe I should try their remover and see if it any gentler.

Thanks for your reply.

I completed my nail prep, used IBD powerbond, base coat, 2 layers of colour, top coat then cleansed.
I use cuticle oil regularly and am not on any medication.

All I can think is maybe I have been a little heavy handed in my removal and buffing. I have been removing with actetone rather than the IBD just gel remover. Although IBD does say you can use acetone as an alternative. Maybe I should try their remover and see if it any gentler.

Thanks for your reply.

Perhaps you are right about being more gentle in future with your removals- I'm pretty sure that IBD removed is almost the same as acetone and still the same strength but perhaps with an added moisterisor... try it though and see if it works of course!

Latest posts

Back