Need advice re renting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshrarebit

Reaction score
Hi All

I need some advice re renting.

Ive been to see someone who is renting a hairdressers. She doesnt have anyone there at the moment doing "nails" although it is advertised as a hairdresser and nails studio. She has only been running the place for the past 3 weeks.

She was asking £65.00 per week for a 5 day week although her hours were quite short. But the run up to Christmas she has been open longer. But we all know that after Christmas things go quiet. I have told her I can only do 2 days a week and maybe a couple of late nights as she does open a couple of late nights.

So she is prepared to drop the rent to £40.00 per week. This includes all heating, lighting water etc. Also the room is equiped for beauty, is fully ventilated, no windows. has a make shift nail table (which Im not happy about but would do for now.) I would have to buy my own chairs.

I am wanting to train in the new year in some beauty therapies such as waxing, eyebrow and eyelash tinting, earpiercing. I can do smile gems (wow lol)

I was wondering if you think this is a reasonable rent. I have to go and see her tomorrow and have a chat with her. This is her first time at sub-renting (or whatever you call it) and its my first time at renting. So I dont have a clue and neither does she. So any advice/guidance you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much

Love

Debbie xxx

i think this is quite reasonable chick, as you say you will only be in there 2 days and maybe 2 nights, so that only equates to £10 a day

Hi hun

Grab it while you can! You wont get many places to rent for that amount.

I used to pay £65 for 3 days then she wanted to put it up to £100 so I left, she was horrible anyway. lol

Regards
Deb379

I'm with Glynis.. £10 a day/session seems really reasonable :D

You can pick up chairs really cheaply in Ikea and Argos :D

Why not agree to do it for a month and review it with her then. If neither of you have been involved in this type of thing before then a month is a good time span to get together after and see how it's going from both sides. It also gets you over the quiet January period, so if it works well for you during that month, the rest of the year should be great.

Just because you decide to do it doesn't mean it's forever, and if it doesn't work you've had a great load of experience ready for next time :D

Latest posts

Back