Need inspiration for my new salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hands_Only

Nail Professional
Reaction score
Hey all

I need some inspirational help to decorate my new salon.

It's a small room within the Hive building (army services). It used to be used for storing bits n bobs so it's not in the best condition.

I'm just keeping the walls magnolia as it will be a pain to paint back if they ask me too (just easier to keep it simple).

I'm thinking of some wall stickers in my colour and obviously some decor. They have given me 2 lovely rustic leather comfy chairs to use in my room and a computer chair if I need it (for myself).

So anyways, being on a budget, what else do you think I could do to spruce it up.

Thanks
Angela :)

Attachments

• IMG_3895.jpg
    IMG_3895.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_3896.jpg
    IMG_3896.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_3897.jpg
    IMG_3897.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_3898.jpg
    IMG_3898.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_3899.jpg
    IMG_3899.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_3900.jpg
    IMG_3900.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_3901.jpg
    IMG_3901.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_3902.jpg
    IMG_3902.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_3903.jpg
    IMG_3903.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 213
Congratulations. This room has a lot of potential. Would get some type of radiator cover and some nice window treatments.maybe a new light fitting. What accent colour where you going to go with?

My colour is purple as its my business card etc theme. I wish I could go in and strip it out but I can't. I can only do do much with it. 😊

FABRIC!

Go to a fabric shop and drape lots of different fabric on the walls, it will make it look prettier and less empty and cold if that makes sense? AND CHEAP! :lol:

Glad you've got a room.

I've just been looking at ebay and you can get organza panels for about £6 each, that may be an idea? You can use tie backs and nice beads to keep them off the windows.

I would use your towels on your desk and towels and throw on your couch to bring in your colour. Nice shelving to display your retail products would also be good. You get cheap glass display shelving from Ikea for £40 and it looks classy but it also lets clients see what's to buy and also keeps them clean which is great is spray tanning overspray is involved.

Ikea is great and cheap for all sorts of things. I got some beautiful thick voile (i think that's what its called) curtains from there and they also do sticky wall decorations. some floating shelves and candles would also make the room more cosy.

What a brilliant job, it looks excellent, well done! Good luck!

Aww it won't open on my iphone :(

I have only just seen this thread, I have seen some wallpaper covered on mdf just propped on walls usually 3 of the same size. Gives the room a wall paper effect with out ruining the walls :) and also those box/book shelves being papered inside looks fab. Xx

Latest posts

Back