Need some advice on my hairdresser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicNails

Reaction score
Hey guys, iv popped over from the nail board. Im hoping someone can just give me a little advice as im really unsure what to do with my current hairdresser, whom i have used for the past 10yrs.

Shes really lovely and we have a good chat, some of the same friends and i see her often at my local gym. She knows my hair and whenevr i take in photos to her she always seems to understand what i want etc.

But, i have been to her x2 now wanting a ombré / balayage kinda aubburn/blonde fade and each time, she just cant do it. But she doesnt tell me this, she just 'tries' to do it and, im just left feeling massively disappointed with my"streaked' hair.

Is balayage colouring difficult?

I dnt know what to say and do, but iv got like, blondey bits that just STOP. Like there not blended and faded, yet the top layer of hair doesn't seem to of been coloured, so its like streaks underneath and then i move you can see bits of blonde it doesnt look terrible, but its also not what i asked for....AGAIN!

I have to point out here that she has had the balayage look a few months ago, but obviousley a fellow hairdresser did it.

So the predicement i have is what to do?
i would feel terrible and awkward going to the other hairdresser, who did hers.
So that leaves going to an alternative salon.
Or do i speak to her about it? I did this about 2 years ago when i left looking like Narcissa Malfoy,and went back. But she just made it look even worse.

So frustrating.
Shes a really great hairdresser.

But i know how j want my hair....i just wish she did.

HELP!

Do you guys have any experience of people coming back in if there not happy?

Yes, balayage is a tricky technique that has to be practised. I agree that it can look shocking if someone hasn't been trained in it or practised enough. She definitely shouldn't still be 'trying' to do it on your hair if you're paying full price though.

To be honest, I think you should book in with the other hairdresser because you already know they can do a great job.

Hopefully, she'll realise that she has to keep up her training and get practising if she doesn't want to lose more clients.

Yeah it's tricky... For some, I have met many Hairdressers that just can't do it!

You actually do around 3 different t techniques at once and timing has to be spot on too! If I were you I would be totally honest & message her! Would you prefer someone else telling you they were unhappy or just dissappear?

I would prefer the honestly... It's a great way of improving our skills.... You never know she may just do some more training so eventually she will be able to :) xx

I can't be the only hairdresser on here that double checked who posted this.
ChicNails.....relieved your lovely friendly hairdresser is not me!:p

Truth be told, we've all been in the scenario at one time or another.... Haven't we?
We want to deliver, but sometimes for various reasons, we have to accept we don't quite hit the spot.
Could be a time issue... lack of confidence in a particular service........or just not singing from the same song sheet.....:oops:
I'd ask her BEFORE you book another colour, if she's confident she can achieve that look.
If she hesitates, say you completely understand it's probably not her forte, and that your happy to go to another technician for the colour, and have her cut and style for you.;)
After all, non of us can be an expert at EVERYTHING.:)

Latest posts

Back