New Client - Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caroleloftus

Reaction score
I have just had a new client call and book in for a set of L & P. After making the booking for this Thurs, she announced that she wanted them put on for her wedding which is in two weeks time. She wants them on now so she can get used to them and so have a rebalance before the wedding.

I asked her what her natural nails where like, and she said that they are very short and that they peel a lot. She said that they aren't bitten down but that many of them don't have white on them.

As business has been quite quiet for me recently, I haven't done a full set of L & P for a while and so I am a little bit nervous. However, I am even more nervous now that I know that it's for her wedding day. Plus, having the extra challenge of short/bitten nails.

Can you guys help me and advise me on the best ways of tipping her nails. Application for L & P is fine etc, but I have never really had to face the challenge of such short nails before.

Any help is hugely appreciated and may help to calm my nerves!!!!!

xxx

Look in the tutorials as Ruth has a fab one in there for tipping badly bitten nails.Sonia

They are probably not as bad as you think, sounds like she just nibbles the end off rather than being a serial muncher. And don't worry because I always feel more under pressure with a bride, don't know why because everyone deserves the same amount of attention, I guess it's because it is such an important day. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Sassy Hassy said:
They are probably not as bad as you think, sounds like she just nibbles the end off rather than being a serial muncher. And don't worry because I always feel more under pressure with a bride, don't know why because everyone deserves the same amount of attention, I guess it's because it is such an important day. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do just fine.
you are so true sassy! clients exagerate about there nails some what, why dont you offer her a consultation b4 so you can guide her to achieve her look. Can you sculpt? as you could sculpt rather than tip and overlay, have you got a camaflouge colour if she has a short plate... to extend hers? or you could use a clear tip with a very light and pretty overlay on the top, with a little sparkle? hope this helps? its amazing when you start to do nails why is it that at first the most common clients seem to have very short or bitren nails?!!!!!! am sure you will suprise youself at how much you no!!

Thanks for your help guys. I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately, I can't sculpt at the moment. It is something I am working on but wouldn't be confident enough to do this on a new client - especially for her wedding!!

I am just worried about getting the tipping wrong - I would hate them to ping off. I am usually ok with tipping when clients have ok nails. Guess I am just panicing in case the clients nails are a nightmare and I get there and don't know what to do!! Argh!!!

Fingers crossed, when I get there, her nails won't be as bad as I am imagining!!!

Thanks guys!!!

Latest posts

Back