New salon opening in need of promotion and special offer ideas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nixnewcastle

CND Education Ambassador Newcastle
Reaction score
Im in the middle of expanding my business and opening up much bigger than the room i have now. The new place is being converted into a salon and im going to do an opening evening launch party but im also wanting to put special offers on for opening and do as many promotions i can think of.

Has anyone got any good ideas? any ideas big or small will be greatly appreciated

you could raffle off some gift vouchers for treatments. A discount for any treatments booked on the day aswell.

I think a raffle of money off for treatments is a good idea or do a raffle for a couple of treatments ie 1st prize luxury manicure, 2nd prize mini manicure and 3rd prize file and paint (or something that doesnt cost you too much money, time, product etc such as Mini 20 min Indian Head Massage if you offer it) or maybe free demo treatments with money off vouchers to those attending the opening.

hope this helps.

Hi Hun, We've done a few different launch and promotional evenings in the salon. Some have done well whilst others didnt do as well as we hoped.

I also think the raffle is a good idea.

Personally, what I learned from these is not to run too many promotions beacuse when you are up and running the client will still expect good deals and it may be difficult to increase prices. A few of my suggestions would be:-

* at the launch party all the guests recieved a glass of bubbly, complimentary hand massage (the therapist uses this opportunity to talk about treatments) and a goodie bag containing a £5 voucher (encourages them to come back) and samples from elemis.
* we offered 20% off products on the night only (and reminded them of gifts for bdays etc)
* we offered 20% off selected treatments booked on that night, but took a %50 to secure it. and they needed to be booked within 1 month.

*you can invite local business to attened, we had 'girls night in' where you could book 20min treatments upstairs (didnt go so well people didnt want to get undressed when theyd just dressed to come out), or browse downstairs where we had people from town selling lingerie, jewellery, handbags, dresses etc whilst enjoying nibbles and bubbly.

* you can do a coffee morning for mums, invite them into the salon for a hot drink and a gossip. show them around, offer mini treatments, bring a friend scheme

basically, id say keep it simple, too many special offers and promotions can get confusing and make you look desperate for customers, which makes clients make more demands on you.

we simply offered the promise of a good night out with bubbly and a goody bag. enjoy a complimentary hand massage, then they can look around and notice that all products and treatments are 20% off for one night only (or one week, whatever you think is best)

sorry ive written you an essay, but i found that at some point our salon was running way too many different special offers/deals/promotions and now the client expects it. you need to stay in control.

Hope ive helped x x x

I agree with beautybombshell, keep offers to a minimum. When you do an offer, make it a stonker.

Write a letter to all your clients telling them about your new room. Have you brought in a new treatment? If not, then you should, and base the letter about that. Please dont offer cheapies/offers unless it is your one offer of the month.

we've got a new beauty therapist started who offers new treatments, so we are gonna have an open evening type of thing. so far here are my ideas...

*bubbly and snacks
*mini treatments of the new treatments (one finger of minx, 10 min reflexology taster etc)
*10% off appointments booked on the night
*small presentation on a treatment that may be lesser known

and from now we are going to do a focus on a treatment of the month where we put out a email each month with information about a treatment we do in the salon and perhaps a small offer on the price.

This year I have seen my hair dept grow tremendously, but beauty has lacked in this. I'm hoping the new therapist and a relaunch and more of a focus on what we offer shall bring the beauty up to speed. x

can i ask how and who you invite to your relaunch days, xxxx

Thanks for all the advise geeks. Some awesome ideas there. The salon is coming along nicely now and should be opening at the end of May. Cant wait!

Good luck! Hope it works out well x

Hey one word of causion - keep offers to a minimum
When we opened our salon 3 years ago - we had one opening week 50% off everything - what a big mistake. Everyone rushed in during that week and after the offers finished we were quiet for months.
Basically by offerring big discounts your inviting people who usually dont get these things done and so come in for a cheap treat.
So make sure your offers aim at bringing in clients that week and keeping them.

Latest posts

Back