new to geek land

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twice-as-nice

Reaction score
Hi just an intro, My name is Harry, (a Bloke ) a friend had her nails buffed in the shopping centre a year ago while I was with her and she loved the shine, I thought it was a good idea to buy some buffers and flog them next time I was abroad for beer money, January 2005 I looked on the internet to try and find where I could purchase some "buffers" only to discover a world of nails. I obviously was thinking like a (man) not with my brain :)) ha ha, your'e liking me already, i can tell.

Well you know how the story goes, I have done various training courses and have set up my own Nail Studio,

It has gone well, and I am constantly suprised how things just keep falling into place for me with this business, I as make decisions with my business, I often find out that they were the right ones .

I have sought advice from some of the known "names" within the industry and they have all , on the whole been very helpfull.... biased to their own products and companies, but helpful all the same :))) so to them a special thanks.

Now I have been in discussions with a leading company within the industry who are very intersted in involving me with them, partly because I am a bloke, so we shall see where that will go, discussions have mentioned trade shows etc. I hadnt expected to be looking at that so early in my career but it is quite exciting.

I look forward to reading about you all and hope we will meet some time.

All the best Harry

Welcome on board Harry! Two new men in one day - well!

hi harry welcome to the site,
sounds like your going great guns, well done,:hug:

ohhhhhh new blood lol

WELL A very geeky hello mr newby!

Enjoy

Hi and welcome to the site!

Hi Harry Welcome to the site. And all the best with your up and coming Bizz Ventures. xx

welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a bloke yum yum lol

nailsbynikki said:
welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a bloke yum yum lol

:smack: couldnt eat a whole one :smack:

Thanks for the welcome guys,

Stll learning, so wont comment on too many things, but would be grateful every now and then if I get stuck with something, for your advice and experiences on nail related matters. Cheers !!!

P.s, some of you may like to know, or may not :))
I'll also add, I'm single, have been for a few years now, got three brill kids, but they live in another part of the uk.

Harry

Twice-as-nice said:
Thanks for the welcome guys,

Stll learning, so wont comment on too many things, but would be grateful every now and then if I get stuck with something, for your advice and experiences on nail related matters. Cheers !!!

P.s, some of you may like to know, or may not :))
I'll also add, I'm single, have been for a few years now, got three brill kids, but they live in another part of the uk.

Harry

now now harry not sure i LIKE where this is going.......:rolleyes: :smack:

What part of Norfolk you from? lovely place.

amb x

MINKUS said:
now now harry not sure i LIKE where this is going.......:rolleyes: :smack:

amb x

PMSL......

hiya harry...welcome to the site :Love:, i wudn say too loud that ur single and do nails, ull be eaten alive..lol best keep it to nails huh? :wink2:

wendyrose said:
hiya harry...welcome to the site :Love:, i wudn say too loud that ur single and do nails, ull be eaten alive..lol best keep it to nails huh? :wink2:

quite right......shhhhh ok so only us 3 know dont tell anyone else.

minkus, just tellin about me, thats all, I mean theres plenty of gals on here, who way of intro say I'm married 10 kids, washing up to the ceiling, work 26 hrs a day and have to keep hubby happy Eh? plus
pages and pages of problems, ha ha.

just make sure in march you come and visit me on my trade stand :p

jaysus...if my man cud do my nails....:hug:, it's the stuff dreams are made of..haha

[quote just make sure in march you come and visit me on my trade stand [/quote]

spill the beans then? wot trade stand?:wink2:

ok, got me there, I've got meetings over the weekend with a company to discuss that further, I'll know more by Monday.

good luck with that then

Welcome to geek land Harry!

Your profile made me chuckle - Hard as nails would have been very apt. But you chose the better name.

Being a fella doing nails in your own salon do you get more men or ladies. Or about the same. Im nosey! lol

Take care xx

Latest posts

Back