New to individual eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dollymcxo

Reaction score
Hey all..
I recently trained in an individual eyelash extension course and came away feeling really excited, since then I have practiced a full set on my mum. I came away from doing her lashes feeling really deflated as I felt they were not of a standard I would feel comfortable charging for.
I know practice makes perfect but I don’t want to continue practicing on people and then the clients hate them. I’m stuck on what to do now, should I practice on a training doll? X

Both
Advertise that you need guinea pigs. Charge minimum -just your cost- or not at all and be very specific that you need their feedback.
A training head alone is not good enough I’m afraid

I offered the first 12 sets for free as I just needed to get the practice in. Even did them on my boyfriend (obviously removed them straight away ) just to get the practice in. Eyelashes have by far been the most frustrating thing I have learnt but practice really does make perfect! And also try not to leave it too long before you do another set. For the 2 weeks I did a set a day. Graft but worth it when you can charge full price xx

This is my third set I’ve done, I came away feeling pretty chuffed at them! But now I have a friend booked in for tomorrow and her lashes are short and fine, which is what had me feeling rubbish last time! :( What lengths and thickness do you recommend on short fine lashes? I used 0.15 and 9-13 on the ones I’ve just posted!
Thank you by the way ladies, I’ll just have to keep on going. They all know they’re guinea pigs so hopefully they understand xx

Attachments

• 0B2CDF75-9F75-4408-B2E3-BF76A89162A6.png
    0B2CDF75-9F75-4408-B2E3-BF76A89162A6.png
    468.7 KB · Views: 80
I have one client who’s eyelashes are few and far between and I still dread doing them even after 6 months. I usually use 9mm c - curls for the whole set on her. This way they give the look of fab lashes but aren’t too much bigger than the natural lash so won’t droop down and affect the natural lash.
Like you said they all know they are guinea pigs so just keep it up ad you will grow more confident every time :) x

Latest posts

Back