New to nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiffany Dawson

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm quite new to the beauty industry and have no experience in nails at the moment but would really love to do a gel course of some sort.

Would I be okay going straight into that or would you recomend a basic manicure course to start with?

Any help would be appreciated! xx

Id recommend a basic course first so you understand the anatomy and physiology and structure of the hand/nails etc

Some nail courses cover all the anatomy and physiology. I did a nail course where I didn't need a manicure course first but it was a week course. Not just like your 1 day ones you get. But then I still wasn't qualified to do manicures I could only do nail extensions. So I would definitely suggest starting at the basics and working up.

Perfect - thanks guys :) xx

Hi Guys,

I'm quite new to the beauty industry and have no experience in nails at the moment but would really love to do a gel course of some sort.

Would I be okay going straight into that or would you recomend a basic manicure course to start with?

Any help would be appreciated! xx
Do you know which brand of gel polish you want to use? Some such as CND Shellac do a beginners course in which you learn about the anatomy of nails, health and safety, you learn how to do a manicure and how to apply and remove Shellac... And lots more! I'm
sure other brands must also offer a
complete beginners course so rather than spend out for two courses you can just do one! Then you can go on to do a luxury manicure course if you wanted to after that.

Hi Lorrainiac

Just checked it out online - looks like that is exactly what I need, thank-you for making me aware of this course :)

Tiffany xx

I started with the CND Shellac beginners course. It was brilliant. Have since gone on to do art and style, spa pedicure, spa manicure and just arranging an L&P course with my tutor. I've learned a lot in 7 months x

Hi Lorrainiac

Just checked it out online - looks like that is exactly what I need, thank-you for making me aware of this course :)

Tiffany xx
You're welcome Tiffany! :) There are so many course options out there its so hard to know where to start! But the shellac course is a great place to start! hope it all goes well for you x

I'm in the same position as Tiffany, completely new to the industry! I am also wondering whether to do CND Shellac for beginners first or if I should do a basic manicure course prior to that? Any options welcome.

I've just completed CND shellac beginners and it is fab, you won't regret going with them if you decide to book.

I've gone on to do L&P, spa manicure and additives art and style class since beginning of July - totally addictive!! Good luck xx

Thanks. [emoji106]

I've just booked CND Shellac Beginners for the end of August, can't wait!

My Shellac Beginners starts tomorrow - so excited!!! Xx

My Shellac Beginners starts tomorrow - so excited!!! Xx
Mine is in 5 weeks and I am really swotting up for the quiz, i am on the anatomy part, I must admit that I'm getting a bit stressed about it...can't seem to get the 'muscles' to sink in!

It is worth learning it all! There is a quiz tomorrow night for me too - hopefully going over everything tomorrow will refresh my mind! Xx

I will do! I am bouncing between sheer excitement and being mega nervous!! Ahhhh xx

Does anyone have a link to the CND approved beginners course? thanks

Latest posts

Back