New to stamping!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautG

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm going to take the plunge & get some stamping plates etc but I'm confused about the actual stammers? Clear/ marshmallow/ sticky/ non sticky? Could anyone recommend a type & brand for a newbie stamper? I have been looking at moyou London. Thank you x

I love MoYou London & I have sticky stampers, and non sticky. It is entirely personal preference on what stampers you prefer

I have a YouTube with some stamping vids, have a look.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1474996800.373099.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1474996816.673732.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1474996830.274682.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1474996849.048667.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1474996891.412082.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1474996930.984980.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1474996992.716319.jpg

Wow! Thanks so much I will have a look at some stamping videos. Your nails look fab! X

Aw thanks, it's all down to the stamping [emoji23] I love nail art but freehand isn't my best! So glad I found stamping [emoji23] xx

Ive been wanting to get stuff for a while because lots of my clients now love nail art, & I think some things look more professional stamped. I'm hoping it will be a lot quicker to do, especially things like snowflakes! Last year they all wanted them [emoji23] xx

Yeah MoYou festive plate 02 is literally just snowflakes, that and festive 03 are my most used at Christmas! Looking at my nail art from college to now is so funny, I thought I was amazing at nail art at college but it was pretty crappy [emoji23] stamping is the best way to go I think! Xx

[emoji23] know what you mean they are some nails from the past I don't want to own up to! [emoji85] yes been looking at plate 02 but all the ones I want are out of stock! [emoji22] xx

Aw no! Keep looking, a lot of them have the same or similar images on the plates, are you on Facebook? There's a couple of groups I'm on that sell everything nail related, what are you trained in? Xx

Yes I am Hun I'm a member of a couple of groups. Trained in nails & beauty. Don't suppose you have a recommendation for a good mermaid scale plate? I've seen the moyou one but don't really like the other patterns on the plate [emoji23] xx

Hmm..there's a couple of buy & sell uk groups (pay for stuff on PayPal) if you ask on them for MoYou plates, usually people have some for sale.

Hmm not sure, I don't actually think I have a mermaid one [emoji85][emoji23] to be honest k sailor 05 is the only MoYou one but o think that's the one your talking about...xx

thank you for all your help! Yes I think it is that one! [emoji23] ill have a look on Facebook for any more selling groups xx

Vickychicky are you able to say which Facebook sites you use? Thanks

I love Moyou 2 their product are super great!!!!

Question....do you need stamping polish? what is the difference? thicker?

Question....do you need stamping polish? what is the difference? thicker?
You can use any polish but stamping polish is more pigmented so it shows up better, you know you get the ones that take 3 coats before you see the colour? There rubbish. Gotta be highly pigmented so I'd go with MoYou etc xx

Thanks, I saw on one of your videos you used models own, does that work well? X

Yeah the models own chrome ones are great! I use their chrome ones & MoYou mainly xx

Latest posts

Back