New treatment - something different

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louiseG

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just after a bit of advice really. I have recently started my own salon and so far it's going great.
I offer waxing, shellac, LVL and soon to be tanning and facials.

Going forward I want to offer a special treatment. Something different that isn't offered everywhere. Something along the lines of laser hair removal........
Does anybody have any treatments they offer that are much different to normal and have proved to be popular? I'm not looking at doing whatever it will be until next year but I like to spend a lot of time researching and making sure what I'm doing is right!

Hope that all makes sense, thanks all xxx

Ive been looking too i haven't decided but have said i dont want the semi orrm make up i dont feel that confident lol

I am exactly the same Abi! And I think it's very available now if you get me. I want something a little out of the ordinary xxx

Dermaplaning seems to be big round my way at the minute, only a few salons doing it but everybody wants it. I think it may have had its day by next year though. The trick is to get in there and be one of the first to offer something.

How about skin peels, dermaroller and LED facial systems? I have a lot of people asking me about advanced skin treatments.

Do you hold a level 3 qualification in beauty therapy? If so you can look at
•derma planing
•led light therapy
•machine based treatments
•there's a shortage of electrologists - so electrolysis is a good one.
•laser/IPL - although a lvl 4 qualification is required by some insurance companies.
•micro needling
•cryotherapy

There's lots available but look at what qualifications are required as most of the above are classed as Aesthetic treatments and this area is cracking down on the industry.

Ask your clients and see what sort of things they might be interested in too. My business has been going a while and I'm now looking into adding to my treatment menu again. My clients are a bit older generally so interested in having some new anti ageing treatments. I would say it depends who your client base is and what they might want? Microderm/LED light therapy/facials might be quite good to work alongside your facials once you have introduced them?

Personally all beauty businesses should think about getting into the aesthetics side of things.

Ask your clients and see what sort of things they might be interested in too. My business has been going a while and I'm now looking into adding to my treatment menu again. My clients are a bit older generally so interested in having some new anti ageing treatments. I would say it depends who your client base is and what they might want? Microderm/LED light therapy/facials might be quite good to work alongside your facials once you have introduced them?
Hi Rachael

My clients are mostly a bit older - can I ask have you tried to do any pamper treatments and if so how have you timed so they are not sat around too much, I'm planning on doing mini treatments. If you have any ideas I'd be grateful x

Latest posts

Back