SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kadie

Reaction score
hello, I'm a newly trained tech although i obv have so much more to learn. I'd appreciate any words of wisdom that you may have and i'd like to ask you some questions if you don't mind!

1. Where can i buy that primer that people talk about to stop lifting?
2. What do people think of the edge products? I am using them and i am having probs with the resin. I think that's what making my nails lift.
3. Are the products susceptible to temperature? last week i left the nail kit in my car and it was like -4 at night. i then did some nails with it and they have all lifted. Would the cold weather affect the resin or am i just a rubbish nail tech?

any further advice is welcomed!! thank you

Kadie
The Nail Fairy xx

Hi and welcome Kadie

if you're using fibreglass the normal thing that causes lifting is flooding the cuticle and sidewalls with too much resin, try to get a brush on resin and be careful so as you don't have any soft tissue contact.
it can be tricky until you get the hang of it so persevere with it.

kadie said:
hello, I'm a newly trained tech although i obv have so much more to learn. I'd appreciate any words of wisdom that you may have and i'd like to ask you some questions if you don't mind!

2. What do people think of the edge products? I am using them and i am having probs with the resin. I think that's what making my nails lift.
3. Are the products susceptible to temperature? last week i left the nail kit in my car and it was like -4 at night. i then did some nails with it and they have all lifted. Would the cold weather affect the resin or am i just a rubbish nail tech?

Kadie
The Nail Fairy xx

Hi Kadie,

Good to see you've finally posted to say HI to all!

i'm sure you get loads of feedback from all the geeks!

Pen xxx

Welcome to the site:p

Welcome Kadie... from the other Nail Fairy in Northants, lol!:lol:

kadie said:

Kadie
The Nail Fairy xx

welcome to the site i hope you enjoy the time you spend on here and im sure like myself you will learn lots from it. In answer to one of your questions yes temp can effect your work you should never leave your kit in the car summer or winter as it can greatly reduce the effectivness of your product. Hope this has been of some help :cool:

welcome katie :lick:

vodkababe said:
Welcome Kadie... from the other Nail Fairy in Northants, lol!:lol:

I'm from Northants too!!!

hi kadie welcome to the site hun...you will be come as addicted as the rest of us.
anything you need help with the geeks on here are fantastic...and we are also good for laugh too :hug:

Welcome to the site Kadie
kadie said:
Primer does NOT stop lifting. Make sure that you are prepping the nails properly and removing all oils and dust - that and improper application techniques (touching soft tissue etc) are what causes lifting!

I can't comment on The Edge - give them a call and speak to them about the resin... my points on question 1 will be what is causing lift. Resin is adhesive - nothing more, nothing less (just a nicer name than glue or adhesive) - unless it is past it's shelf life, there shouldn't 'officially' be anything wrong with it.

Yes products are suseptable to temperature changes - some more than others. Again I can't speak for The Edge producs but I am sure someone at Alida can help you.
I am sure you are not a rubbish tech, but being a newbie, you will need to get plenty of practice and experience under your belt. This site will be a godsend to you. Hope my advice has helped!;)

Welcome Kadie nice to meet you the site will be so much help to you I am sure you will enjoy.

Caz xxx:)

Hiya - Welcome to the site - you will learn so much on here xxx

Thanks everyone for your advice and also hi 2 other people from northants! maybe we could meet up and swap advice?

Latest posts

Back