Nostril wax help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
Can I wax someone's nostril with strip wax and if so how would I do this? I have a man coming in for eyebrows and he wants his nose done I've not done this and don't use hot wax.

If anyone could help I would be really grateful.

I would think this is only possible and comfortable with hard wax.

It is possible to do this with warm wax and teeny weeny paper strips.

Remember you can only wax where there is 'proper' skin. Don't be persuaded to do inside the nose on mucous membranes.

I have a little gadget from boots that trims nose hair. This can be used inside the nose, outer ear and on long tough brow hairs where you don't want to wax or tweeze. Pain free, just tickly.
Obviously clean and sanitise after each use.

Thank you for reply, so if I cut thin strips and apply warm wax just at base of the nostril - not too far in the nose, then apply wax strip- would I pull the wax strip up to remove the hair? Or do I push the strip on then yank it out the nose arm pulling towards me rather than pulling it up and away from me if that makes sense? (If standing in front of him) and do I just put wax on the base bit of nostril or do I do the sir bits too?

Thank you for reply, so if I cut thin strips and apply warm wax just at base of the nostril - not too far in the nose, then apply wax strip- would I pull the wax strip up to remove the hair? Or do I push the strip on then yank it out the nose arm pulling towards me rather than pulling it up and away from me if that makes sense? (If standing in front of him) and do I just put wax on the base bit of nostril or do I do the sir bits too?
Only do the bits where you apply a tiny dab of wax and strip off horizontally (across the top lip) If you can't get a straight angle then do these hairs with tweezers.

You might find the chap just wants the sides of his nose waxed - that's not unusual. If so, that's easy to do

I really wouldn't do a nose wax without using nonstrip / hot wax as you are removing hairs from inside the nostril ( just the lower part) and you couldn't do that with strip wax as you will break the hair and it will be difficult for you and uncomfortable for the client.

I really wouldn't do a nose wax without using nonstrip / hot wax as you are removing hairs from inside the nostril ( just the lower part) and you couldn't do that with strip wax as you will break the hair and it will be difficult for you and uncomfortable for the client.

I disagree
Been doing waxing for over 10/15 years strip wax and it's fine. All about technique
You either sux at waxing or you don't.
Just my opinion though. I also don't go above the membrane or inner nasal area only the bits which stick out.

Latest posts

Back