Not confident with waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geowills

Reaction score
Hi all, I am almost coming to an end of beauty college and I can't stop worrying about doing waxing at a salon. I can do waxing but I always take too long and I feel like my training at college wasn't that good. (Especially eyebrows and bikini) Has anyone got any advice on what to do as I need to start looking for jobs soon.

Don't worry, everyone is like that when they leave college,
I know I was. Once you start doing it in a salon every day, you will soon get quicker and more confidence x

Why not look for some additional courses to improve your knowledge and technique.
Kim Lawless is the waxing queen. Why not check out her courses?
There are other good trainers too. Use the search function on here.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

I was absolutely terrible at waxing when i left college. Being in a salon was where i got my real life training. Now i love waxing!

I agree that Kim Lawless' courses are fantastic. I did the speed waxing and hollywood courses and felt confident immediately x

I was absolutely terrible at waxing when i left college. Being in a salon was where i got my real life training. Now i love waxing!

I agree that Kim Lawless' courses are fantastic. I did the speed waxing and hollywood courses and felt confident immediately x

Ahh that's made me feel so much better! I am such a worrier! Thanks so much- I have heard loads of good things about Kim - I might have to save up

What is it in particular that your "terrible" at ? Is it one thing? maybe we can give you a few positive pointers in the short term!

What is it in particular that your "terrible" at ? Is it one thing? maybe we can give you a few positive pointers in the short term!

I don't feel I'm awful haha but I just don't feel confident with it. With eyebrows I don't feel like Im good at shaping them and wouldn't know what to do. Also with with a leg wax, how would you normally position a client? "Legs straight down or bent".

lol sorry I'd read flawless beauty's response & the word "terrible" must of been in my head! ...ok with eyebrows I tend to cleanse the Brow first & then brush them up with an eyebrow brush. I then take a normal sized spatula & break it in Half (length ways & width ways) so you've got a lovely appropriate sized piece of spatula for the job at hand. After loading up your spatula with just enough wax, stretching the Brow with your index & thumb, run the wax under the Brow, aiming to get rid of the bulk of the hair, then coming back in with the tweezers. I always use thepointed side, rather than the rounded side for wax application as this gives a crisper line. Hope that makes sense.
Now for legs I do the fronts with the knee bent as with the leg bent you can get quite far round the sides so you have minimal work to do when you turn the client over for the backs. Hopefully that's helped a bit. X

lol sorry I'd read flawless beauty's response & the word "terrible" must of been in my head! ...ok with eyebrows I tend to cleanse the Brow first & then brush them up with an eyebrow brush. I then take a normal sized spatula & break it in Half (length ways & width ways) so you've got a lovely appropriate sized piece of spatula for the job at hand. After loading up your spatula with just enough wax, stretching the Brow with your index & thumb, run the wax under the Brow, aiming to get rid of the bulk of the hair, then coming back in with the tweezers. I always use thepointed side, rather than the rounded side for wax application as this gives a crisper line. Hope that makes sense.
Now for legs I do the fronts with the knee bent as with the leg bent you can get quite far round the sides so you have minimal work to do when you turn the client over for the backs. Hopefully that's helped a bit. X
Ahh thank you so so much! That has really helped me and so kind of you! I will defo try that out now! Thanks again

Latest posts

Back