Not sure what to do...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

I had a client today who came from a different salon, i performed a soak off. However her natural nails underneath where in a right state. The nail beds where quite red, & nails where thin,also she said they where sore to touch especially if she bangs them.

I advised her to maybe leave the enhancements off for a week & return to me when we can have a look at her natural nails & see which direction to go.

Help what should i do? I am not sure if she should have any more enhancements put on or what to offer?

Any advice would be fab.

Thanks x

was there any reason why you soaked them off? if there were no problems i would have left them on and done a rebalance if needed.... I think it would be more comfortable for her to have something on her nails even if its only an overlay if they are as thin and sore as you say, if she bangs them it will hurt like crazy! she can grow them out with the overlay until her natural nail has recovered underneath x

make sure she uses plenty of solar oil
x

You know if it were me who had the sore, thin nails I would definitely want enhancements on for protection (and to stop the pain...I don't do that very well!) so my recommendation would be sculptured nails because you don't have to adhere and blend a tip which could be painful on a tender nail, but instead you would do a gentle but thorough prep, get the sculps on and give them 2 - 3 weeks of protection before they need filing down for rebalance.

Also I think I'd be asking a lot of questions to find out how these nails ended up in this state in the first place....was it another tech/salon who caused the prob or was client to blame herself???? Only to help you make informed decisions about her future nail care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Louise,
I also had the same problem. A girl came to me for a soak off because she was not happy with her nails they had lifted so much, and the salon that applied the enhancements did not do soak offs themselves !!! (could not understand that myself)
I advised the girl to have an overlay and see what her nails were like in a few weeks, they have now recovered, and she keeps returning for a rebalance every 2 to 3 weeks without fail. Both of us are happy...

Mine are sore so I can't wait to put a new set on tomorrow. It deffo stops the pain. xxx

Have to agree - when mine get sore i apply enhancements and really dose them up with solar oil certainly does the trick

Can i just ask though,why are they sore? xxx

Hiya Louise,
My clients nails were sore, because in the past she has bitten her enhancements off every time, which of course takes some layers of her natural nail with it.. Also if she ever reached a rebalance her collegues overfiled !! Now she comes to me, she always makes her rebalance appointments and I pride myself on never overfiling, always file the acrylic above any lifting, I try not to file on the natural nail if possible..
I am still learning but I think I have got it right..
Thanx

Latest posts

Back