Novice competition

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic. You must be thrilled. 3rd place in a national comp is brilliant !

Well done Caz (and all the big boys too) - your nails were fab! Little old me came fourth and although I knew my nails weren't 'winners', I was happy to my name to them. Most importantly my two mentors (Tracy Leja of Creative and Rachel Myatt of K-Sa-Ra) were more than happy with what I produced and that meant a lot too me. The feedback from the judges was so encouraging and very valuable. I thoroughly enjoyed the day and it was great to meet all the top dogs - Liza, Paula and, of course, Ruth - brilliant ladies with so much to inspire me to do well. It was also brilliant to see Sam strut his stuff and also to have a chat with Samantha who is one chic lady, oozing personality - such a fab couple. I look forward to meeting Gigi in the flesh one day soon too. I look forward to seeing Sam and Doug at Loughton on Saturday. Back to the grind stone for me now as I have my Masters exam at Loughton on Monday and my final assessments of my NVQ Unit 19 next Thursday - wish me luck! (Those score sheets from the judges are invaluable and I urge all you Geeks out there to do competition - go for it!)

One top tip I learnt yesterday was to put your monomer liquid and dappen dish somewhere warm if the arena is cold (Which it was yesterday). Use your imagination if necessary!! :suprised: This helps to prevent the air bubbles in the application apparently. It helped me because I had none in mine.

It was so funny though...everyone had their little bottles of retention+ down their pants. My model sat on my dappen dish for me and when it came to asking for it back, she said, "oh, I've lost it".....lol

We had a really good laugh about it.

Adrenalin rush is still there I think. Many bacardis last night calmed me down a bit, but not much, I'm still buzzing from it today.

:D :D :D :D

NailNovice2 said:
Well done Caz (and all the big boys too) - your nails were fab! Little old me came fourth and although I knew my nails weren't 'winners', I was happy to my name to them. Most importantly my two mentors (Tracy Leja of Creative and Rachel Myatt of K-Sa-Ra) were more than happy with what I produced and that meant a lot too me. The feedback from the judges was so encouraging and very valuable. I thoroughly enjoyed the day and it was great to meet all the top dogs - Liza, Paula and, of course, Ruth - brilliant ladies with so much to inspire me to do well. It was also brilliant to see Sam strut his stuff and also to have a chat with Samantha who is one chic lady, oozing personality - such a fab couple. I look forward to meeting Gigi in the flesh one day soon too. I look forward to seeing Sam and Doug at Loughton on Saturday. Back to the grind stone for me now as I have my Masters exam at Loughton on Monday and my final assessments of my NVQ Unit 19 next Thursday - wish me luck! (Those score sheets from the judges are invaluable and I urge all you Geeks out there to do competition - go for it!)
Well done and thank you...I thought your nails were better than mine and thought you would have won...but it just goes to show doesn't it? We don't know what they are looking for.

Good luck with the masters, you should breeze through it. Congrats on your placement.

Great to meet you aswell....it was so exciting wasn't it?

Oh yes shout it from the roof tops and also put this on your website..........
3rd place is a fab result and something to be proud of.........
4th place is not to be sneezed at either...........
You both did great xxx
Little tip: take a manicure bowl with you next time and some water, rinse all dust and they will be squeaky clean then xxxxx
Same happend to me at my first Comp, but thats what it's all about, you learn something new every time you compete..........

LOL told ya compete once and it becomes a passion........no more chicken suit for you wohoooooooooooooooooooooooooo...........
Just look at Liza Smith...Competition Passion with a capital 'P'...... now there is a Competition Technician that kicks some serious Nail Butt xxxx

Thanks Ruth! I'll sure have that little bowl of water with me next time - I was slated for having debris under the nail and I thought I had cleaned thoroughly enough.

Yes...I will take my manicure bowel next time. Get all that debris out next time.

Got to perfect finishing and crisping up those smile lines....need a one to one with the GMG or Ketan Patel...lol

How available is this?

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH!

You should be very proud, your nails were fab and 3rd and 4th out of 17 is a massive acheivement!
I can understand the nerves to, and its not just the competitors, did you notice how nervous i was at the briefing?!?! It was my first day of running the comps on my own without Jacqui and i had to remove 3 ladies from the novice category as they were not "novices"! (see we do check!) so i didnt start the briefing til 10.28, so i had 2 mins to do it!!!!!!!
And presenting the awards, well..... that was worse!!!!!!!! I mad a massive muck up and did not annouce that there was a joint second in the sculpting. The "other" second was our geek Lisa Smith, who i have to say was great when i told her after (ta very much for that Lisa!) Mind you, she was still grinning from winning comp nail tech of the year, and very well deserved it is to!

Roll on the next comp!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done, I can't imagine entering anything like this, Congratulations for getting both third and fourth place to you both :lol:

Cathy

chocolate said:
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH!

You should be very proud, your nails were fab and 3rd and 4th out of 17 is a massive acheivement!
I can understand the nerves to, and its not just the competitors, did you notice how nervous i was at the briefing?!?! It was my first day of running the comps on my own without Jacqui and i had to remove 3 ladies from the novice category as they were not "novices"! (see we do check!) so i didnt start the briefing til 10.28, so i had 2 mins to do it!!!!!!!
And presenting the awards, well..... that was worse!!!!!!!! I mad a massive muck up and did not annouce that there was a joint second in the sculpting. The "other" second was our geek Lisa Smith, who i have to say was great when i told her after (ta very much for that Lisa!) Mind you, she was still grinning from winning comp nail tech of the year, and very well deserved it is to!

Roll on the next comp!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

I thought it was out of 12!!! OMG now I'm beaming even more.

I am probably going to the Nailympics with Deni. I know I said to Samantha that it was too soon, but I'm going to throw myself into it. Wayhey!!!

Your nerves didn't show at all....you threw me with that countdown after briefing...lol I'll be expecting it next time though! I thought you were fine and would never have known it was your first time!! Well done to you too!!

Latest posts

Back