NSI Dual lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katie_deanne

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
Does anyone have any knowledge or experience using the new NSI dual UV/LED lamp?
I'm a bit confused how it could be dual? Might just be being a bit thick!
Thanks [emoji5]️
Xx

I'd also be interested to know people's thoughts [emoji4] as I'm sure I read it says never change your bulbs again

I know with LED you don't change the bulbs, they have a certain amount of hours that they last for and NSI say that it is 50,000 hours with this lamp :)

I currently use NSI balance gels which are UV cure but was thinking of investing in their secrets range, as I wanted to use LED cure products, but if this lamp works as it says I think that would be great as I do love the balance gels! xx

I know with LED you don't change the bulbs, they have a certain amount of hours that they last for and NSI say that it is 50,000 hours with this lamp :)

I currently use NSI balance gels which are UV cure but was thinking of investing in their secrets range, as I wanted to use LED cure products, but if this lamp works as it says I think that would be great as I do love the balance gels! xx

I seen that too, but what about the uv bit? No bulb change?! I live in hope [emoji1] x

I seen that too, but what about the uv bit? No bulb change?! I live in hope [emoji1] x

That's the reason I don't understand how it can be dual, it must have UV tubes as well to cure them products!? I think I'm going to give them a call in the week! I'll keep you posted xx

Just had a look at the info on that lamp and to be honest if I was thinking of purchasing I would want more information on the lamp and what the Nano Meter range is . What bulbs does it have in it etc

LED gels cure at a very specific wavelength whereas UV cure within a certain range ( which can be different for each brand

We sell a Duo Lamp ( out of stock at mo ) which is made me read this post but our Duo has 3x 18w LED bulbs in it and 4 x 9 w UV bulbs . Therefore any of the bubs can be changed which to me makes sense . It can also be set to use LED or UV or LED and UV together :)

But I could not find any info on the NSI site about the bulbs or NM range so cant comment on it

All I know is that a 'dual ' lamp is possible but as I said I cant tell from there site much about the lamp at all

Last edited:
Just had a look at the info on that lamp and to be honest if I was thinking of purchasing I would want more information on the lamp and what the Nano Meter range is . What bulbs does it have in it etc

LED gels cure at a very specific wavelength whereas UV cure within a certain range ( which can be different for each brand

We sell a Duo Lamp ( oit of stock at mo ) which is made me read this post but our Duo has 3x 18w LED bulbs in it and 4 x 9 w UV bulbs . Therefore any of the bubs can be changed which to me makes sense . It can also be set to use LED or UV or LED and UV together :)

But I could not find any info on the NSI site about the bulbs or NM range so cant comment on it

All I know is that a 'dual ' lamp is possible but as I said I cant tell from there site much about the lamp at all

Thanks for your reply! I will definitely be giving them a call in the week to pick their brains for all the information they can give me [emoji5]️

I do use mostly NSI gel products anyway so I would assume their lamp would be suited to cure any products they sell, but I also have a few IBD just gel polishes which unfortunately don't have a lamp to match their system at the moment so want to see if this lamp would also be suitable for that as well before I purchase!

I will reply with what ever information I get from them :) xx

**update**
I have since purchased this lamp and I must admit I think it's fabulous!
It is definitely worth the money. If you were thinking of buying it you could always wait for vat free then it would be a little cheaper but personally I think it is an investment [emoji4] xx

I’m also interested. My hubby and I researched and figured out what the lady above said. It’s the wavelength emitted that causes the cure. The old uv fluorescent had A wide range but therefore not intense for Any wavelength so took long time. The new LEDs very intense for the exact wavelength for the manufacturer’s gel. But as we know they cd cure other gels sometimes. The new builder gels in a bottle need the lower range which the LEDs don’t emit (but old uv wd work). As I understand it, the new dual cure lamps emit both wavelengths so will cure those builder gels and the polishes. And rightly the question is will this work as a generic lamp for other brands. It doesn’t quote the wavelengths it does omit so it’s not fact checked possible, I can’t find this detail so I’m phoning up too.

Latest posts

Back