NSI Glaze & Go - cracking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyNerds

Reaction score
I did a clients nails yesterday and she rang me today saying they looked like crazy crack.

Any suggestions as to why it has done it?
Iv never used it before

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403800093.722920.jpg

It can happen if it's put over polish or if she's banged her nail

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I had this product before, tried it over everything... Regular polish, one stroke paints, gels, acrylic and no matter what within a few days it would crack like this. I tried using different lamps - CND, Gelish and the NSI lamp and it still did it. I rang them and asked about it and they were unable to offer much advice other than what I had already tried so I binned it in the end!

Has it been applied over the natural nail?

Has it been applied over the natural nail?

I was wondering this, what's underneath the Glaze N Go? I've been using it for three years without a problem x

Its IBD gel polish on the natural nail.

Its worrying me as iv put it on another client today prior to this client ringing up.

I had this product before, tried it over everything... Regular polish, one stroke paints, gels, acrylic and no matter what within a few days it would crack like this. I tried using different lamps - CND, Gelish and the NSI lamp and it still did it. I rang them and asked about it and they were unable to offer much advice other than what I had already tried so I binned it in the end!

That really does not sound good!!
What do you use now?

Its IBD gel polish on the natural nail.

Its worrying me as iv put it on another client today prior to this client ringing up.

Well that's the reason why. Glaze n go is too rigid and hard to be put over soft and flexible gel polish.
It's for over acrylic only x

I'm with Gemma B on this one, keep glaze and go for applying over acrylic or a buffed hard gel nail. I made the mistake of thinking it would be fine over coloured gels, but it's not, on some clients it looked like a cracked mirror. I use a combination of cnd, gelish and polish pro, I try to use the correct topcoat for the corresponding product.

On the bottle it says for over acrylic & gel.
I also went on a course with NSI on monday who didn't specify exactly which products it had to be used on.

I use nsi balance gel.

I also went on a course with NSI on monday who didn't specify exactly which products it had to be used on.

I use nsi balance gel.

Yeah it's ok over gel extensions but not over gel polish 😊

Thanks ladies!! Panic over hehe

I use nsi balance gel.

I use NSI Balance Gel too, must admit, I love it. :)

I do too its fab!!

Quick question - is the glaze & go okay over soft gel on top of the hard gel?

I do a lot of that.

I do too its fab!!

Quick question - is the glaze & go okay over soft gel on top of the hard gel?

I do a lot of that.

I don't think so. You will experience the same problem. Your best off sticking to the top cost from the system you are using if its a gel polish finish x

Come to think of it, much as I like glaze and go, I've had cracking/chippng off after a while and I only use l&p. I just put it down to natural wear and tear but now I'm not so sure? I tend to do a lot of nail art with paints now and I'm using a soft gel top coat, which doesn't do this.

If I am doing l&p I buff and use a top coat polish now which works fine. I agree that corresponding products should be used though so it's a NSI top coat :)

Thank you 😊
I will only use this glaze & go on top of an overlay or french and stick to my ibd top goat on top of the gel polish.

Ridiculous how many products you have to buy!

Has anybody used it around crystals? I set my crystals in the balance gel, they never move then. So i presume i could go around with the glaze & go?

Thank you 😊
I will only use this glaze & go on top of an overlay or french and stick to my ibd top goat on top of the gel polish.

Ridiculous how many products you have to buy!

Has anybody used it around crystals? I set my crystals in the balance gel, they never move then. So i presume i could go around with the glaze & go?

You could, but it will be hard to get off as you have to file it off

They are already hard to get off haha!

Luckily its only a ring finger i ever get.

Latest posts

Back