NSI primer/Superbond?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaylouise329

Reaction score
Hi guys I need advice

Bin in nails for 6 years use nsi products.. I used the superbond and sometimes it stings well this one client is have to remove her nails as she started geting blisters under her nails red raw and really sore .. what the heck never seen anything like it ??

Please help with advice

It appears she is having an allergic reaction to a product.

It could be any of the products you are using: Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetone, , Monomer, UV Top Coats, Gel Polish.

I have the same reaction if I come in contact with HEMA (Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate). This is in the Attraction liquid & Attract Primer but not in the Superbond Primer.

To overcome the issue I could only use the NSI Universal Liquid as its HEMA free. However I still have to be very careful with all nail products. Yes the Superbond primer can sting so its best you try and use is sparingly and avoid contact with skin. The stinging does not necessarily mean its this product causing the issue.

I did my own testing and through trial and error I was fortunate enough to narrow it down.

I am not sure how you could do this with your client other than her having some kind of allergy tests carried out by a medical professional.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Last edited:
To me it sounds like her natural nail bed is becoming too thin... This happens when acrylics are not taken off properly/ the client tears them off and/or the nail bed is filed with a drill or filed down too much.

I use superbond but only one one client that has regular lifting. I don't use it on my other clients as it's an acid primer. I think if it's stinging when applied to her nail plate, it is too thin or it's touching the skin X

Last edited:
Acid primers are far more corrosive than non acid.

Most brands no longer make them as they are so dangerous if you get them on the skin. They cause chemical burns.

It could be seeping through the nail plate, it could just be too much product spreading onto skin.

You don't seem aware of the dangers so it's unlikely you're taking adequate care.

You don't paint acid primer on like you would non acid. One dab in the centre of the nail should then spread out naturally. Using excessive acid primer thins the nail plate because it is highly corrosive.

It's concerning that you don't know this.

You're lucky the client isn't looking to sue.

Most brands no longer make them as they are so dangerous if you get them on the skin. They cause chemical burns.

Been awhile but just read your shit reply

I was advised by nsi them selves that it WASN'T my fault and I do take care of my clients .. the client was unfortunately allergic ..

It could be seeping through the nail plate, it could just be too much product spreading onto skin.

You don't seem aware of the dangers so it's unlikely you're taking adequate care.

You don't paint acid primer on like you would non acid. One dab in the centre of the nail should then spread out naturally. Using excessive acid primer thins the nail plate because it is highly corrosive.

Been awhile but just read your shit reply

I was advised by nsi them selves that it WASN'T my fault and I do take care of my clients .. the client was unfortunately allergic ..

I don't know what you said to NSI. I don't know what they said to you. I do know you routinely hurt clients.

You stated that clients routinely feel burning after super bond application and that one client had a far more serious reaction to the primer.

You may not think stinging is serious. I am telling you burning people with chemicals is the height of seriousness.

Repeatedly exposing clients to these chemicals causes overexposure. Had you understood the potency of this product it is likely your client would never have experienced this problem.

I freely offered product knowledge that you should have known but didn't.

The information I provided would make your services safer.

I note from your profile you aspire to be a nail educator :eek:

Hopefully the post will serve to educate someone else who does value client safety and has professional pride :D

I don't know what you said to NSI. I don't know what they said to you. I do know you routinely hurt clients.

You stated that clients routinely feel burning after super bond application and that one client had a far more serious reaction to the primer.

You may not think stinging is serious. I am telling you burning people with chemicals is the height of seriousness.

Repeatedly exposing clients to these chemicals causes overexposure. Had you understood the potency of this product it is likely your client would never have experienced this problem.

Hopefully the post will serve to educate someone else who does value client safety and has professional pride :D

It happend once and once only and never used again .. It was nsi products so how was this my fault
I bought the product off nsi
I am confused to be honest I routinely hurt clients were the hell have i said that

Also I didn't say it burned my clients I said it had stung a client before and then my last one it burned.. I have also realised I didn't say it was nsi product .. I bought this from Allan Howard's as a primer not sure how the blame was on me ..

The stinging is acid burning soft tissue.

I've laboured the point quite forcefully.

Your responses indicate the message was lost in translation.

Life is too short :)

Latest posts

Back