OPI Infinite Shine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sukic

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Capital has Infinite Shine yet. There's nothing on their website.

I bought some from OPI UK as a customer asked for it and it has been a nightmare. The instructions say to apply 2 thin layers which was impossible to do and after the second coat was applied it looked like my 4 year old had done it!!! I had to remove it all and use ordinary polish. I have emailed OPI and don't expect they will reply as I have emailed them 4 times in total for various reasons, not complaints and never had a reply so guess I will have to phone them. I adore OPI but their customer services is very poor.

Oh wow. That's not good. I really want to be good. I'm going to give it a try with a trial polish. If I can't get on with it Vinylux it is. I like to stay within the brand. Ugh!!

I bought some from OPI UK as a customer asked for it and it has been a nightmare. The instructions say to apply 2 thin layers which was impossible to do and after the second coat was applied it looked like my 4 year old had done it!!! I had to remove it all and use ordinary polish. I have emailed OPI and don't expect they will reply as I have emailed them 4 times in total for various reasons, not complaints and never had a reply so guess I will have to phone them. I adore OPI but their customer services is very poor.

I can't understand poor customer service... And equally I can't understand why people stay with companies who give poor customer service. Everyone has a choice of where to spend their hard earned pounds... If they choose to spend those with us... Then they deserve to be treated like queens!!! JMHO on CC... I know that we don't get it right 100% of the time but I know that we try to...

So are we loyal to companies with bad CC because we like the product? I guess that must be it? Unless anyone has any other suggestions? An interesting thread... Why do we buy from companies who treat us poorly? Sorry not meaning to hijack your thread but it's got me thinking...

I can't understand poor customer service... And equally I can't understand why people stay with companies who give poor customer service. Everyone has a choice of where to spend their hard earned pounds... If they choose to spend those with us... Then they deserve to be treated like queens!!! JMHO on CC... I know that we don't get it right 100% of the time but I know that we try to...

So are we loyal to companies with bad CC because we like the product? I guess that must be it? Unless anyone has any other suggestions? An interesting thread... Why do we buy from companies who treat us poorly? Sorry not meaning to hijack your thread but it's got me thinking...

I suppose the reason why I stay with OPI is because firstly I do love the products and I also spent a lot of money training with their system. I would have to spend a fortune to replace my stock. However because the service has been so poor I am tempted to think of going elsewhere as and when I need to replace items. It is a very difficult situation to be in, knowing that they don't deserve loyalty but not being able to start from scratch again.

I suppose the reason why I stay with OPI is because firstly I do love the products and I also spent a lot of money training with their system. I would have to spend a fortune to replace my stock. However because the service has been so poor I am tempted to think of going elsewhere as and when I need to replace items. It is a very difficult situation to be in, knowing that they don't deserve loyalty but not being able to start from scratch again.

Yup I agree, it's predicament. You inspired me to start that thread!! Thank you.

I think you need to keep on at OPI to sort this out for you, they are a large organisation with good products and would surely welcome your comments. Its not worth giving up on them a this stage, surely

I also love OPI but I'm feeling seriously underwhelmed by Infinite Shine. Firstly, where is the sense in the range not including the classic shades? Secondly every review I've read says it's pretty much 'hit or miss' as to whether the top coat bubbles or not even when used over the same colours...personally, I've decided not to touch it so I'm sticking with lacquers to match my GelColors and adding Vinylux....If you do want to try it you're probably best going to OPI uk or even try Beauty Express, they do some of the GelColors, hth x

Have not been a success with us either. My boss got excited about it, and got all the colours that came out. But we just can't get along with these polishes. They don't go on nicely, you have to work very fast and at the same time in very thin coats, which makes it even harder to get even coverage. And yes, the top coat bubbles A LOT! Sometimes not right away, but after some time, and the clients have been coming back with this. A total hit or miss. And I also wouldn't say that it lasts much longer then other polishes.
I have always been a fan of OPI regular polishes! But this line got me very surprised. Didn't they test the product before launching it? And if they did, how come they let such an unpredictable product go to professionals?

Have not been a success with us either. My boss got excited about it, and got all the colours that came out. But we just can't get along with these polishes. They don't go on nicely, you have to work very fast and at the same time in very thin coats, which makes it even harder to get even coverage. And yes, the top coat bubbles A LOT! Sometimes not right away, but after some time, and the clients have been coming back with this. A total hit or miss. And I also wouldn't say that it lasts much longer then other polishes.
I have always been a fan of OPI regular polishes! But this line got me very surprised. Didn't they test the product before launching it? And if they did, how come they let such an unpredictable product go to professionals?

maybe they thought we wouldn't notice.....? lol!

I had to phone OPI in the end and I have been told that I need to send a video of me applying the product as they think that is the problem! Apparently they haven't had any other complaints and as the product is so new they need to see evidence of me applying it. So have had to wait for Hubby to get home to do the video, will not be buying any more of this product

I've done exactly that!!!! Working with both Opi & cnd the distributors are poles apart!! one bad experience after another I finally got in touch with Opi to close my account, due to the poor customer service, every time I placed an order was there a problem and every time I phoned to speak to someone I felt like I was a massive inconvenience, I'm only small fry but I still continued to buy and use their products, due to already investing money in the brand but lost confidence completely in the distributors!!! We shall continue to use what we have left of the gelcolor as I feel to much money has been spent (plus clients do like it!) but won't be investing more money in to the brand, if I need to replenish stock I can use our local wholesalers and not directly with the distidutors!!! As for sweet squared I cannot fault them any time I've needed to speak to them regarding anything Ive always been dealt with in a efficient and friendly manor which is noted. I even make my clients aware of this!!!! The selling out to the consumer hasn't helped either with Opi (spoke about in another thread) my rep was due to come and demo the Opi infinate shine, but didn't due to my decision then I recived an email at the same time from qvc advertising infinate shine!!! I realise it's a system that can bought by the consumer but it hadn't even got in the salon!!! This to me confirmed I'd made the right decision ! Sweet squared 1 Opi 0 xxx

Latest posts

Back