OPI Nail Envy had to be soaked off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxie

Reaction score
Went to have my first ever shellac done today as trying to grow nails. Been using opi nail envy. Only applied two coats over two days and the nail tech today couldnt remove with acetone and cotton wool. Had to have it soaked off. Anyone know why this wouldnt budge? I never had any trouble removing at home.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

I guess everyone is as baffled as i was as to why it need soaking off :)

I have used nail envy in the past, and never has it needed to be soaked off. Comes off in seconds with polish remover, or scrubfresh.

That is strange. I've used it also in the past but it's come off easily with normal nail polish remover.

Did she try removing with acetone and pad before soaking? If not, I wonder if she thought Nail Envy was OPI GelColor? If she'd never heard of it then maybe she got confused. X

Yes she tried to remove before with acetone and cotton wool.

I wanted to grab it off her and just remove myself but as was private treatment didnt want to let on i was in the trade.

She then got orange wood stick to try n scrape off but as me nail was still shiney on went the wraps to remove even tho i said i had buffed to high shine before the nail strengthener.

She knew it was a nail strengthener and not a gel.

Also there wasnt any scrub fresh!!! I got treated to millenium nail sanitiser.

Ok so it's yonks since I tried nail envy but I thought it soaked in, not shiny?

Is there any chance she mixed up her solutions & was using eg alcohol/ipa? Did it smell like acetone?

I saw her pour out of a massive Acetone bottle.

This is the original nail envy i had used. Always gives a shiney result on my nails but like i said had buffed to high shine first.

If you had buffed your nails to a high shine, I can only think that the Nail Envy did come off with the acetone, but seeing your shiny nails underneath, the tech wrapped them thinking there was still product on?

^^^ That's the only explanation I can think of then ^^^

Yeah that's odd... I would say it was off too but the shine on your nails confused her.... I use nail envy on myself and clients and normal remover takes it off in a flash....

That's strange, it usually comes off with a swipe of varnish remover Xx

Yeah i think that the shine confused her as even after bening soaked in acetone the shine was still there and nothing would scrape of nail.

She then buffed my nails saying the shellac wouldnt stick if they wernt dull.

She also mentioned how "Soft" my nails were are them being soaked in acetone for 10 mins. (No **** sherlock my nails have just been soaked so bound to be soft):wink2:

In fact thinking about it it was an appalling salon treatment but i was desperate to have my nails Shellaced.

Im loving the Shellac look though. I really want to buy for myself now.

Latest posts

Back