Orange roots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauren89

Reaction score
Hiya geeks, i have just bleached and toned my roots with pearl milkshake and then used clynol silver shampoo same as I always do and my roots have gone really orange and really purple on the ends.
I don't really know what to do next. Please help geeks :( x
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

sounds like the bleach at the roots wasnt left on for long enough, and the toners have grabbed on to the porous ends..... bleach the roots again, but to be honest i wouldnt fanny around with the ends. if they are that porous, they are obviously quite damaged. It will wash out after a few shampoos (NOT the silver one) xxx

Thanks for the reply.
I've bleached them twice already so really dont want to bleach it again. I've just dried it properly and the very root of my hair is white and just below is orange. X

Can you take a picture and upload it Lauren?
What bleach and peroxide are you using?xx

Wella blondor and six percent. I'll tru and upload one. X

how long have you left it on for each time hun? xx

About 30mins then 20. It usually lifts really quickly. Im naturaly a flat 6. X

hmm tricky one.....ill judge better from a pic. have you used anything different on your hair lately product wise? some can put a barrier on the hair and prevent colours from taking properly....?....? xx

also, maybe your peroxide has gone off? was the lid on tight, i could have lost its strength through oxidising in the bottle. xx

It was a brand new bottle of wella peroxide and brand new tub of bleach. I havn't used anything different.

X

It was a brand new bottle of wella peroxide and brand new tub of bleach. I havn't used anything different.

X

officially baffled :eek:
only other thing i can think of is hormones. not to pry, but if you are taking any meds, or maybe your hormones are inbalanced for some sort of reason...... if youre doing everything alse the same and its worked before, maybe the reason is internal? xxx

Ahh I've just gone on the contraceptive injection. I didn't even think of that. X

I think we have our answer! now, what to do! I would probably give it one last bash, on the roots only! and leave the ends, the toner will wash out quick. if you want to tone, just tone the roots and be careful not to get any on the ends xxxx

Thanks hun. I'll give it a go. Do you think I should maybe find an alternative way of doing it next time because it's not going to be good bleaching it for that long every 4 weeks. X

well, in my experience, the injection can really put hormones out of whack. its difficult to say wether it will settle down, or you will continue having problems. I would say stop doing it yourslef for the time being, and get in to a good salon for a full head of foils, multi tonal blonde. they'll last longer than 4 weeks and you have some help if things dont go to plan! xxx

You could b pregnant ;-)

You could b pregnant ;-)

Eeee no defo not lol.

Well I didn't dare touch it again and didn't think I would get an even result, so I got my friend to come and have a look (she's also a hairdresser)
We ended up weaving some of the blonde touching up the orange with bleach 3% and flooding inbetween the foils with 7b on the roots and 7bg on the ends.
It looks really nice now.

We're going to service swap from now on so hopefully no more disasters.

Thanks for all your help everyone :) xx

Latest posts

Back