Parafin wax on enhancents?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuise.e

Reaction score
I have done a search honest!!
I wanted to know if you can do parafin wax on a person with l & p enhancements.
Ok I've found a little bit of info which says you can after they have fully cured - so i guess this means any time after 24 hours?
Is it best not to do one before putting on ehancements?
I'm looking around to see which parafin system to buy - any advice? Do I need training to use them? (stupid question i know) I quite like the look of the LCN one - as it's LCN manicures I'm doing for natural nails,
Next year i hope to do the Creative spa training day - but people seem to love the whole parafin thingy.......!

Hi Suzie I got mine off Ebay very reasonable and have just done one on a client after her full set!! so I hope they are ok, didnt think it would be a problem will have to wait and see.

jac extreme said:
Hi Suzie I got mine off Ebay very reasonable and have just done one on a client after her full set!! so I hope they are ok, didnt think it would be a problem will have to wait and see.

Thanks jac - just having a look on ebay.
I was under the impression that you scooped the wax out and applied it to hand/foot with a spatula, some of them say suitable for up to foot size 10 - does this mean you can actually put the foot into it?

Hi yes you can dip the hand or feet in to it. But if you have client who has particularly big feet it may be a bit embarassing for them. You can paint in on or use stretchy bandages that are dipped in to the p/w and then wrapped around the clients feet. This metthod will actually save you money as you will use less p/w.

andrelax said:
Hi yes you can dip the hand or feet in to it. But if you have client who has particularly big feet it may be a bit embarassing for them. You can paint in on or use stretchy bandages that are dipped in to the p/w and then wrapped around the clients feet. This metthod will actually save you money as you will use less p/w.

Thanks for that - I dunno, I think I'd rather put it on than have people dip their hands/ feet in it!! like you say, save product and not scald them!!!
They have some on ebay for around £35....... maybe I'd be better getting one of those rather than spend mega bucks. They are portable with a carry bag. But I'd like some diff flavoured p/w to use, I've seen strawberry but not much else, still looking round ( well sat on my bum looking round the net!!)

Try Woolies. That where I got Mine. They usuall y do them at Xmas. Mine was £25. Its nice to use some different types of wax as most people including myself use the old faves like peppermint but as its winter thses seem to be the most popular.

Peppermint sounds lovely, especially for men, my hubby loves the mint source bath stuff.

well I'm glad i asked now - coz i was gonna buy an all singing all dancing one, but I think I'll get a cheaper one - have a play and see how I get on and then when i'm a millionare lol - I've have a re think!!

I have got a nice little one and I use a brush to put it on the hands/feet with.

I got mine from Sallys I think it was around £30-£35 I can not remember.

It has a little handle that you clip on when you want to lift the pot out of the warmer.

I think they also sell these on ebay.

Caz xxx

hi i brush my paraffin wax on, so i just use my normal wax pot to heat it up. Just Wax do pots of paraffin wax that you can just put in a normal wax pot heater, there's always some on ebay.

hth

I have just bought a paraffin bath, still wating for it to arrive though :sad: . I think that I read a thread about whether you can use them just after an enhancement the other day in which GMG said that it may actually help the curing of them. I will see if I can find it again.

i like to learn how do do parafin wax treatments - my frineds mum has it done and she says its great for her athritus (sp) has worked wonders.
i think it would really help my gran and my mums friend who both suffer from bad athritus in their hands. xx

Hi there

I've been using the Clean and Easy paraffin bath for a while now.
I prefer the Peach Paraffin ... a lovely aroma, Dont forget you can dunk elbows as well...

XX J XX

has anyone ever had a paraffin facial ?? it is absoulotly fab , its also really nice on your back if its a bit achy :biggrin: ,
sorry i know thats totally off subject , lol , i have a wax pot for mine but dont brush it on i have a ladel that i use to scoop some in a liner the put the liner on and squich it all over the hands (i got this tip off a fellow geek )and its fab coz it gets everywhere and really gets around the cuticles , hth

Latest posts

Back