Patch Tests

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viks

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a quick question. mainly for mobile techs - with patch tests how do u usually do this as a lot of clients might think it is a hassle to have a patch test then wait 24 hrs before a treatment.

Is there any way to have a disclaimer in this instance or if you are doing another treatment first ie nails could you patch test them and then see if a reaction occurs in the time that treatment takes?

Just looking at best procedures as I am looking at starting up soon.

Thanks
Vicki x

Hi all,

Just a quick question. mainly for mobile techs - with patch tests how do u usually do this as a lot of clients might think it is a hassle to have a patch test then wait 24 hrs before a treatment.

Is there any way to have a disclaimer in this instance or if you are doing another treatment first ie nails could you patch test them and then see if a reaction occurs in the time that treatment takes?

Just looking at best procedures as I am looking at starting up soon.

Thanks
Vicki x

patch tests are NOT an option - if a new client thinks its a hassle, I wouldnt do the treatment, simple! Even she begged and pleaded because she had it done 2 years ago and was fine, or that salon x never patch tested her - tough! I doubt a disclaimer would mean much if she sued you for having a reaction!
It's always best to allow the test to develop for the time recommended by the product compnat - a couple of hours while your doing nails may simply not be enough time.

just noticed you're doing your level 2 - you will go through the importance of patch tests and health & safety during your course.

Hi, if you go to them for another treatment offer them a patch test then, just incase they would like it done in the near future. You can also promote tinting this way, I never do a tint without a patch test even if they have had it done by another salon, you may use different products to that salon and they could have a reaction to your tint.

good luck

I've just driven to a new client this morning to do a patch test for an eyelash tint next week. It was a total hassle BUT I would never tint without carrying out a test first. I once saw a pic of what could happen and boy I do not want that on my conscience. As a mobile therapist I always carry my tint test bits and pieces with me, regardless of what treatment I'm doing, so that if they ask I can do it ready for if they book one in the future. Hope that helps! xz

No never do it.Most insurers will not except disclaimers.Also you could lose a good reputation if someone ended up with a reaction.

Speaking from the other side of the fence (ie. as a client), if I'd not had an eyelash tint test, I'd never have known about the extreme allergic reaction I was about to experience!

Therefore, even though I'm no Skin Geek, I would have thought this or any other kind of patch test, was essential.

HTHs.

thanks all. Yes i have done patch tests and understand the importance. just wondered if anyone would think it could be done less than 24 hrs before.

good idea about patch testing as promotions too thanks for that

ill remember to carry a small kit for testing

thanks again x

At the first appointment I ask if they would like a patch test incase they decide to have a lash tint in the future. If they call up just for a tint then I tell them to book another treatment where I can do their patch test so that I would not be making a journey for nothing.:hug:

Latest posts

Back