Pedicures - good idea?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavenly

Reaction score
I'd like some advice from geeks who do feet as well as hands. Are there a lot of you out there?
I'm considering adding foot soak, massage and nail painting to my list of services. Is this a winner?
Do I really need to buy an expensive pedi-chair or is there a cheap alternative, what do you use?
Any hints & tips for me?
How much do you charge, is it more than for the hands?
I've always turned my nose up at feet, quite literaly :lol: , but now I'm seeing them as pound signs.
Thanks guys x

I love doing pedicures. The transformation never ceases to amaze me. I use a foot spa so you really don't need to lay out all that money on one of those big jobbies. Buy a couple of cheap ones from Superdrug. They're something silly like £7 each when I last looked.

Pedicure season is upon us so I say go for it and quick. The bit people love most is the foot and lower leg massage. You realise they've gone quiet and look up to see only the whites of their eyes.

Remember to always tell them to bring flip flops to go home in, otherwise you'll have them sitting there for an hour after you've painted coz they don't want to put their shoes on. Worse still, they insist they're dry then smudge all your lovely work.

Unless you are going to use a complete range such as Creative (then you'd need to follow their product guidelines), you can use a mix and match. I'd say £20 and just the one type of pedicure. When I was in a salon, they did loads of pedicures and nobody ever asked for a wax one, just the normal one which was luxurious in itself.

Go for it. xxx

I DONT DO PEDICURES PERSONNALY BUT I KNOW LOTS OF PEOPLE THAT DO. SO I THINK ITS BECOMING AS POPULAR AS NAILS.

I love a pedicure and this is one of the most popular alon treatments as well a home treatments. At home i use a comfy chair and foot spa dont do the parafin wax bit but do in the salon, although its lovely its a lot of extra work at home
HTH

Pedicures are a great treatment to add onto your existing menu....and Kimmi is spot on, the requests for em right now will only increase!....lots of people, men and women, will benefit from a pedicure.....soothing foot soak, foot scrub, foot mask and (although I dont find many of my male clients tend to go for this!!!) perfectly enamelled nails! I have quite a few clients that will make a pedicure appointment to coincide with when they are on the way home from work. Tired, aching feet and legs really are revitalised!

I love pedicures!
I get as much pleasure from performing a pedicure treatment as my clients do experiencing it!

I do pedicures and my clients seem to really enjoy them. I already had my foot bath - christmas present from the mother in law!!!! I use the Pronails products and only offer a spa pedicure with polish. The only thing I have bought is a pedi stool from the House of Femuir - http://www.hofbeauty.co.uk total cost £99.50 plus VAT and is brilliant. The client sits in a comfy chair and I now have a comfy pedi stool to use. Definitely the way to go - so many people asked about the pedicure service before I had done my training.

Oh, and don't forget to add toetips to your service list. Usually on just the big toes but wow, it totally transforms the feet into somebody elses.

I find doing pedicures really relaxing. Sometimes as relaxed as the client herself!

So yes I do really enjoy them, especially now I do the Creative Spa Pedicure. It is to die for.

I'm nearly convinced. Would love to know how much extra you all charge for a basic pedicure over a basic manicure, or is it the same?

Oh, and don't forget to add toetips to your service list

Ok......what are toetips?? lol

I was never trained in pedicure, only manicure at college. I will do paint and shape on toes but have never offered pedicure as a treatment as I understand that there are a whole new list of contra-indications to look out for ie athletes foot etc. Plus I dont really fancy a similar experience to my nightmare manicure but on the feet.....'you dont mind getting all the black out from under my toenails do you??'

AAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pmsl x

Eeeuuuugghhhh.............just got my head out of the sick bag..............maybe not so convinced this is a good idea :Scared:

Aspirations - do you work in a salon? Do you use a foot rest seeing as you're just painting and not doing the whole shabang (is that a real word, spell check thinks not). Just geting some ideas.

Who puts L&P or gel on toes?

No I dont work in a salon, did do mobile but now only working from home. I dont have a foot rest either, usually get down on my hands and knees to paint! very professional lmao. I have only put gel on my toes not L&P, I did a forever french and it looked lovely and stayed on for ages! xx

I only do natural nails at the moment and my appointments for pedicures is on the increase- the sandal season is upon us and so many people neglect their feet in the winter! I am inundated with appointments in May and June for the upkeep of feet!

I offered a range of pedicures from a simple file & polish at £10 through to a luxury Creative Pedicure at £25 - very addictive!!!!!

I also did lots of airbrushing on toenails, the French was very popular and used to last for a month until clients next visit.

I had the client sit in a comfortable salon chair whilst I used a pedicure stool with leg rest. The Spa bath I had from Ellisons - free with £100 worth of orders at the time!!!!

The only nail painting I do now though is of the toenails before a spray tan!!! A very important extra to prevent staining from any overspray.

Latest posts

Back