Performing Rights Society

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what's the difference between ppl and prs, I've just paid PPL didn't realise there was 2 to pay!!!????!

You'll have to google it for the exact definition, but one of them pays rights to the artists and the other pays rights to the music companies...i think.

So, yes, you have to pay them both unfortunately :evil:

This I-Chill is quite good. Large choice. I was wondering where to fork out £160 quid for music licensing for Salon opening on Tuesday.

This is awesome. Thanks peeps)

I have been stung by prs and ppl, ppl made me pay for all the time iv been open, not happy!!! gggrrrrrr once they know where you are they have got you!!!!!!!!!!!!:evil:

The only way around paying PPL or PRS is to play royalty free music. Ever been into a big store and heard a pop song but it's not being sung by the original artist? That's royalty free!

They even targeted garages that play music to work along too, coz the public walking by can hear it! Disgusting ay! These companies base your bill on how many chairs you have in your salon.. It goes up the more chairs you have coz ur playing to more members of the public!

Doesn't matter if it's radio, mp3, chillout.. If its copy written you will have to pay! Won't be long til every home will have to have one, like a tv licence! It's daylight robbery!! :-/

I just bought and downloaded 4 i-chill cds onto my i-pod and they are absolutely beautiful and a pleasure to work with. In fact im thinking of downloading a few more lol! Can highly recommend!

PB
X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Does anyone know if you can get around this by playing music through a laptop???

You still need a licence to play music through your laptop too. Xx

Thanks mint hair! Worth a try!! Haha x

Your welcome, only way round it is royalty free music. I was even told by ppl and prs that I needed a licence if people are playing music or videos on phones in the salon and on laptops, its mad they have you in every corner. Xx

Latest posts

Back