Perm recommendations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lojain

Reaction score
Does anyone have brand recommendations? Currently looking between

L'Oréal Professionnel DULCIA advanced​

and

Wella Professionals Perm Creatine+ Curlm​

If anyone has any other brand recommendations or tips for a first timer please let me know!
I am an amateur and will be doing this on a male friend so short hair and he doesn't mind shaving it if it goes bad

Does anyone have brand recommendations? Currently looking between

L'Oréal Professionnel DULCIA advanced​

and

Wella Professionals Perm Creatine+ Curlm​

If anyone has any other brand recommendations or tips for a first timer please let me know!
I am an amateur and will be doing this on a male friend so short hair and he doesn't mind shaving it if it goes bad
I honestly think it depends what you're trying to achieve.
My go to for years was Schwartzkopf glamour hydrowave. But unfortunately it's been discontinued.
I was recommended dulcia, a d I personally didn't like it. I found it to be very harsh and the curl wasn't anything to wright home about.
I now use goldwell biocurl topform

I honestly think it depends what you're trying to achieve.
My go to for years was Schwartzkopf glamour hydrowave. But unfortunately it's been discontinued.
I was recommended dulcia, a d I personally didn't like it. I found it to be very harsh and the curl wasn't anything to wright home about.
I now use goldwell biocurl topform
Could I ask you for your advice. This is the head of hair I am working with, and this is the inspo pic he has shown me. What color rods would I need to get and should i be only getting one pack?
Additionally, I see there is three types of the goldwell- 0,1 and 2 where 0 is difficult to perm natural hair, and 1 is normal hair. The person I am perming has never gotten any colouring or chemical hair procedures before, which number should i be purchasing and do i just need one bottle?
Finally, do you have any advice for an amateur non professional who has never permed before?
Thank you so much in advance.

Reall WhatsApp Image 2024-03-25 at 14.04.42.jpegy apWhatsApp Image 2024-03-25 at 14.03.43.jpegScreenshot 2024-03-25 at 14.10.16.pngScreenshot 2024-03-25 at 14.10.45.pngpreciate it

Could I ask you for your advice. This is the head of hair I am working with, and this is the inspo pic he has shown me. What color rods would I need to get and should i be only getting one pack?
Additionally, I see there is three types of the goldwell- 0,1 and 2 where 0 is difficult to perm natural hair, and 1 is normal hair. The person I am perming has never gotten any colouring or chemical hair procedures before, which number should i be purchasing and do i just need one bottle?
Finally, do you have any advice for an amateur non professional who has never permed before?
Thank you so much in advance.

ReallView attachment 214127y apView attachment 214126View attachment 214128View attachment 214129preciate it
I can see the client has already got a wave to their hair, is that natural or has it been permed before?

I can see the client has already got a wave to their hair, is that natural or has it been permed before?
One pack of rods wouldn't be enough. I would imagine you're going to need 25-30 rods. I would probably use red and yellow. Or yellow and white rods for this. Make sure your section is no thicker than the rod end. Also make sure your section is no wider than the narrow part of the rod. I will attach a picture of what I mean.
As for perm solution, if you want a crunchy string perm I'd go with 0 if you want it to still be soft then I'd go with 1.

Red is where the hair should sit when wound. Blue is showing the thickness of the rod, where I mentioned the section should not be thicker than this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-26-22-04-52-99_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-26-22-04-52-99_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 0
If you've never done a perm before, can I ask ..... Is this a paying client?

Latest posts

Back