Pic of my HD brows before and after

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh thanks girls :Grope:
Nope no pencil here just purely tint and waxed used. I use hairwell tint, I leave on for at least 10ish minutes, if i am using the light brown colour i leave on for 15-18 minutes as that takes quite a while before it stains the skin (the black or blue/black starts staining after 6-7mins) the normal brown 10-15 minutes. I apply the tint as if it where a pencil very neatly any creating the brow where I need it quite often in the middle or slightly above arch to give the appearance of a higher brow, followed by a wax. I comb upwards the inner part of eyebrow and trim very neatly (1cm or so) I then brush remainder of brow downwards, and if theres any really long ones a trim them (not always necessary) xx
These look lovely, approx how long will the tint stay on the skin for? X

5acb2360-83cb-5521.jpg
just wanted to share a picture where an eyebrow is more challenging than my own to show you can still create towards achieving that look, this client has completely over plucked brows, and is blonde (always a lot trickier to get that defined look as you dont have the dark tint on side) as she was very gappy I left the light brown tint on for 20mins, I then taught her how to fill gaps with pencil until her next visit and booked her in for 2 weeks later x

Last edited by a moderator:
We were the first salon north of Watford to undertake training for HD Brows, after what was an exclusive treatment two years ago, the market is now flooded with artisans offering them for as little as £7.50! Considering the exorbitant cost of the training now, its just not worth it.

They look amazing Rebecca! Good job.

These look lovely, approx how long will the tint stay on the skin for? X

lol I have some clients that avoid really rubbing around the eyebrows to make them last longer, the stain on the skin will last about 4 days, but the colour on the brow 3-4weeks easily, but thats where i train my clients to pencil to still create that tinted look x

We were the first salon north of Watford to undertake training for HD Brows, after what was an exclusive treatment two years ago, the market is now flooded with artisans offering them for as little as £7.50! Considering the exorbitant cost of the training now, its just not worth it.

thats crazy, I know most places charge 20-25 thats seriously under cutting, the publicity it has there is making there courses choca I inquired in November and they were giving my dates for march :-0

I am doing a conversion course this weekend with lash perfect, and whilst paying had a really long conversation with one of the girls in the office about this particular subject, and.... they currently sell a product called high brow, and are in the near future will be doing a high brow training course, but minus the hd price tag maybe one to look out for? x

lol I have some clients that avoid really rubbing around the eyebrows to make them last longer, the stain on the skin will last about 4 days, but the colour on the brow 3-4weeks easily, but thats where i train my clients to pencil to still create that tinted look x
WHat make up brand do you use and do you sell it to your clients?

WHat make up brand do you use and do you sell it to your clients?

Estee Lauder mainly however their pencil isnt great I use Lancome On people with oily skin, or benifit browzings for normal/ dry, I dont sell I should do though Id make a nice little earner on profit ;) x

Loving the pics! Good job girls you've done some lovely brows :)

Can I but in ppl and ask what HD brows are? Mine are wonky from my younger days of not having a clue what to do with them! Ha ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332237153.176829.jpg

hiya, i just wanted to add my thoughts as i have worked for nilam (owner of hd brows) years ago before she started hd. as far as i am aware hd is tint, wax,tweez,thread if neccessary and then finished with pencil or makeup.

It is the pencil or makeup part that gives you the hd finish, a perfect brow is not achieved just with tint and wax. Invest in some eyebrow makeup and stencils and after you have tinted and waxed apply makeup, it fills in the gaps where hair needs to grow giving the illusion of perfect brows! as the hairs grow less make up is needed and maybe just a pencil to enhance.

Personally if you are good at something, and brows are an art form on their own then ppl will come to you, it is the service that majority of ppl want and not the name although obviously a brand does create awareness. if you cant afford it then offer your own eyebrow service and think of a name! you never know you may become the next hd!!!
am hoping this helps!!!

Hey Geeks. I did an eyebrow wax and tiny on one of my colleagues today and also trimmed her eyebrow hair. Would you please have a look at the photos and give me any pointers? Thanks :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332266460.501932.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332266472.590306.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332266472.590306.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 3,135
Whoops, that should have been tint!! Stupid predictive text!! Lol.

Hey Geeks. I did an eyebrow wax and tiny on one of my colleagues today and also trimmed her eyebrow hair. Would you please have a look at the photos and give me any pointers? Thanks :) View attachment 13123

I don't think you need any help, they look great to me!! x

Hey Geeks. I did an eyebrow wax and tiny on one of my colleagues today and also trimmed her eyebrow hair. Would you please have a look at the photos and give me any pointers? Thanks :) View attachment 13123
These look great Sarah xx
What pencils Do you all use? X

I think they look lovely such an improvement.

I did my version of HD brows today on my sister, I waxed, tweeted, tinted and applied Christian brow powder. I'll upload a pic soon, just need to crop it on my laptop :)

Xx

Can I but in ppl and ask what HD brows are? Mine are wonky from my younger days of not having a clue what to do with them! Ha View attachment 13105
Hd brows - 7 steps to the perfect brow. Includes tinting, waxing, tweezing, threading, trimming, Stencil, pencil & powder, this can also be achieved by a non hd trained therapist though! Hd is a brand name, hd or hd type brow would be perfect for you. hope this helps xx

Last edited:
Awww thanks guys!! I didn't use any pencils, just tint. I used He-Shi tint in Light Vrown and left it on for 5 minutes. I then waxed, tweezed and trimmed the hair. I don't know how to thread and didn't apply pencil as I wanted to see the result without it. It's my first attempt trying this and I just wondered if I should be doing anything else?

Latest posts

Back