Pinkie White's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
I've been practising my Forever French and loving it. However, although I butt the pink up against the white and then ever so gently sweep over the free edge, I end up with the white looking much less white than before I applied the pink.

Give us a pic then missis

doesnt it become white again after you've white blocked..? as long as the pink is just a sweep over the white then buffing with a block should remove it....but then hey...i trained in gel...lol xx

jac extreme said:
Give us a pic then missis

You've gotta be kidding....................I ain't that brave.

lmao kimmi !!!!!! go on u chicken!!!!!
i agree with angie though, i sweep my pink over the white ( using l and p) and once im on the finishing bit, its been buffed off are you putting too much on????

come on ya wuss, how we gonna help you other wise:wink2: :lick:

oh yes you will young lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimmi Rocks said:

chicken...i don't even do L&p and i have posted a pic of my attempt on me...cluck cluck...xx

are you working your pink too wet which could cause it to blemish the white when you smoothe the nail?

pmsl.............Well, to be honest, I've not been doing any buffing as I've been applying it to tips. I was concentrating on getting my smile line right. I'll buff next time and see what happens. Thanks me darlin's. xxx

I see a dose of bird flu heading your way young lady

Kimmi Rocks said:
pmsl.............Well, to be honest, I've not been doing any buffing as I've been applying it to tips. I was concentrating on getting my smile line right. I'll buff next time and see what happens. Thanks me darlin's. xxx
what do u mean youve not been doing any buffing? im confused about all of the above please explain what youve been doin kimmi please

hiya chick, im no pro (well not yet anyway-yikes im corny)but what i do with l&p is put my bead of pink about 1-2 mms under white and press until it touches the white, then without hardly any pressure at all just feather it over the white (dont pull or it will become toooo thick) xx

Kimmi you big wimp! Get a picture up!

elfprincessem said:
hiya chick, im no pro (well not yet anyway-yikes im corny)but what i do with l&p is put my bead of pink about 1-2 mms under white and press until it touches the white, then without hardly any pressure at all just feather it over the white (dont pull or it will become toooo thick) xx

That's exactly what I've been doing. I've just left it at that though as I didn't bother buffing and finishing because they were on tips. I just wanted to see if I could improve my smile lines.

Oh for Gawd's sake. See what that little mare Jac Extreme has started. I only asked a simple question, now she's got everyone on the case. PMSL. xxxx

kimmi
u will b suprised how much the white comes back to "white", once you've finished the nail upto a high shine.
when you've finished your white application, always turn the nail to the side and check to make sure that the smile line area is higher than the free edge.
that way u wont be taking excessive pink over the white.
xxx

yeah well I have been quiet for a while, but I am feeling better now ( thanks my geeky mates) AND WHILE I am at it Kimmi I prefer your old bolshy avatar, thanks for being there girls I loves yah all.

Not been around for a while but had to throw this into the thread as Ive been trying this out since I saw it a GMEX.
Have you tried the "reverse application".
Its cut my time down and made a real difference to the sharpness of my smile line.
Never seen it before but have got to say it's pretty wicked.
You can apply the reverse technique to both full sets and backfill/infills.

Did anyone else clock it at the show?

Latest posts

Back