Please help me deal with this client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandy1985

Reaction score
I need some advice on a client. Been doing her nails mobile about 6months. She's in a very high wheelchair so its very hard for me to get comfortable doing nails but I've bought a table and stall specifically to do her. But if I'm honest every time I'm over there there is some sort of drama. Once she was still in bed so I had to work from her bed, then she had a full blown row with her carer, her medication once meant she kept falling asleep while I was doing her nails, then once her carers turned up half way through and I had to wait 20min for her, then this week I arrive and the carers are in the middle of making her dinner, a Nurse arrives to do her jabs etc then her mum turns up and they have a blazing row.....all this while I'm trying to do her nails. She doesn't sit still, she smokes her ecig constantly while im there and her house is such a tip I have to do one hand at a time then pack everything away and move to the other side. She's nice but she just constantly shouts and doesn't appreciate I need to attention for just an hour or so! An infill takes me over 2 hours and I'm mentally exhausted. And now she's messaged saying her thumb has chipped can I go fix it. I'm not surprised because it's impossible to concentrate. I haven't replied yet but every time I do her nails I get a text or call about something like this. What would you do please? :(

I'm new here, but... if you're not hard up for money I would say you should be transparent with her about this. If she's as nice as you say, she might adjust herself accordingly. I won't even do my sisters' nails anymore because none of them can sit still long enough without taking smoke breaks and whatnot. I doubt any client would act like this if you weren't mobile. Just explain (politely of course) that you can't turn an hour long set/whatever into two or three hours cause you have a schedule with other clients to fulfill. Good luck!

That's a difficult one sounds like you have gone above and beyond to help your client but you are not getting the same respect back. I would either set rules going forward clearly for it to work for you or politely decline to carry on providing treatments! X

I'd be a total chicken and tell her you're not mobile anymore [emoji85]

Aw thanks for your replies. I asked this on another help page and someone commented saying I was being a heartless cow and should do what I can for her :( which really upset me. I do feel for her ofcourse I do. But being in a wheelchair doesn't mean it should be this difficult for me.
I think I will do like you say, set out some 'rules' like when doing her nails I need her attention, no visitors if possible (I'm sure she must have an idea of when people are coming). She gets an awful lot of lifting so I do wonder whether her medication doesn't help? I don't usually get much lifting on my acrylics. But could simply be because I can't apply it properly due to her not keeping still :( x

It sounds strict but I've got a little page on my consultation form that has a policy that everyone has to read and sign.

To lighten the load I usually make a little joke about it and say something like 'most of this is not relevant to us, I know you're not about to foodspread a KFC on here' referring to the prepped nail area etc.

The smoking, eating and even as far as not allowing children to play with my Nail case is all on there, along with mentioning that I have the right to refuse service at any time during the booking if I feel that anyone's being put at risk, I'm unable to carry out service due to repeated interruptions, or delays in starting the service means I won't get to my next client on time.

You've been excellent in tolerating some really difficult situations with your client, and been strong enough to carry on your booking... now it's time to get some boundaries in place so that you're not potentially left feeling frustrated as f for the rest of your working day, and dreading going there again.

Everyone has to sign for insurance purposes, and in some cases I may ask for payment in advance.

Should the booking not go ahead for any reason - including if I have to stop the service or abandon it due to not being able to start on time, payment is non refundable.

Yes there are things that you can take into account which would be relevant when people need a little extra love n service, however you're personal feeling on that will guide you on what you're able to work with and find solutions for, in order to minimise issues for both of you, or if things are increasingly super difficult and could be avoided in time for your booking - nobody else can work this out for you so it's not up to anyone else to judge.

Take good care of you [emoji4]x

Last edited:
I would be letting this one go. Why put up with all that stress! All of a sudden your diary is full up and you can't accommodate her anymore. I'd have sacked her a looong time ago!

Latest posts

Back