polish chipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miriam

Reaction score
How do I prevent polish from chipping and cracking on natural nails. I use a clear base and then put two coats of polish and a top coat of sally hansen and after a day it starts chipping. Thanks Miriam

i've found the attitude base coat to be good, it dries matt to help the polish to adhere to either enhancements or natural nail. i then do 2 coats of the colour, and then i use toma 45 second top coat. imo the toma top coat is fab, and has a fab shine to it too!:green:

also advise all natural nail clients who have polish to oil daily and to apply a thin layer of a top coat every couple of days, which helps to reseal as such, the varnish in.

but i suppose the problem is with natural nails, they are, clearly, a lot more flexable than enhancements, so if one gets slightly bent it will of course cause the varnish to chip. so isuppose a coat of toughen up, or a similar natural nail hardener/strengthener, might be advisable.

i know that rimmel do a lycra affect varnish which i beleive is for this sort of problem. surley there must be a proffessional varnish line which has a similar affect. hmm or is the whole lycra thing just a cunnung advertising ploy?:|

I use Orly and have never experienced any problems infact my polish stays on upwards of two weeks, my clients love me for this, it tends to grow off before chipping.

Regards

I use Creative polishes.. with Stickey base coat, two coats of polish and Super Shiney or Out the Door top coat..
I always 'squeak' the nails with polish remover or scrubfresh prior to application of base coat...
Creative polishes last fabulously, my clients normally come back in two weeks for fresh polish.

Suex

Latest posts

Back