Ppd free

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomme

Reaction score
I've heard on here some clients take their own ppd free colours to some salons, if these can be bought, why aren't professional systems manufacturing them for our use?
Seeing as it CAN be done I'd have thought there would be a range available even if only basic colours or their most popular colours being made in a ppd free range too, it would make us look a lot more professional, there wouldn't be any disappointed clients and no discriminating against the allergic people who we can't serve fully.
I've not experienced it, but it seems like it makes us sound incompetent when we don't know te brand or can't offer a brand free from ppd.
Discuss.
Xoxo

I would really like to be able to use ppd free colours, its always an argument over ethics really but im sure if i brought it up in a dicussion in college the tutors would dismiss it. I really dont understand why professional colour companies havent looked further into ppd free colours, im quite sure its because they have the monopoly of the whole market of professional and home dye colours they seem to be winning each way.

I would really like to be able to use ppd free colours, its always an argument over ethics really but im sure if i brought it up in a dicussion in college the tutors would dismiss it. I really dont understand why professional colour companies havent looked further into ppd free colours, im quite sure its because they have the monopoly of the whole market of professional and home dye colours they seem to be winning each way.

But wouldn't it sound good if we could say "oh your allergic, here have you seen our ppd free colour book?" I know it will probably have less choice but would be a jesture to the client. And yes they have the monopoly but they would bring in more money by having ppd free too as there would be that increased amount of sales xoxo

I am a salon working hairdresser and am allergic to hair coloura and bleaches. I use goldwell elumen which is ppd free and has an intermixable colour range. It repairs the structure of the hair too and gives great shine. I have also used sebastian cellphanes colours they are nice too. Only thing is these will only disguise grey hair and will not give complete coverage. Pure tone colours very nice : )

I am a salon working hairdresser and am allergic to hair coloura and bleaches. I use goldwell elumen which is ppd free and has an intermixable colour range. It repairs the structure of the hair too and gives great shine. I have also used sebastian cellphanes colours they are nice too. Only thing is these will only disguise grey hair and will not give complete coverage. Pure tone colours very nice : )

I used to use cellphanes, do they still exist? They were ok but not Sebastian's strong point or maybe that was the salon I was in.

I would have thought that if all major professional manufacturers made ppd free colors, they would probably cost us a fortune per tube and we would have to charge our clients way above what they would expect to pay. :eek:

As long as they keep the ammonia in those tubes, I'll be happy.

God I love the smell of ammonia tints. Mmmmmm :lol:

Hi I have a client I need to patch test as last time i did she has an itchy reaction so I'm looking for a ppd free range and read here what you say about goldwell elumen, my client is 60 % white / grey do you think this would be a good coverage it's to flood Inbetween half head of foils and colour underneath.
Would be fab to hear as I've been recommended herbatint but would be good to get something that isn't off the high street and be good to see shade chat etc
Thanks x

Does any one use tigi colour as when googling ppd free this brand comes up , I'm hoping they sell this in my
Local suppliers as need to get a ppd range for a client I have next week

Be good to hear if anyone has used this range?
Thanks x

Hi Candis,
I was asking this question last week without much reply :irked:
my client used herbatint and it hasn't made her itch, but yet to find out how longlasting it is.
I've researched a bit and came up with a company called philip Martin, when I phoned I spoke to distributer who said they had stopped stocking as they found out it did contain ppd's and wasn't organic. this company www.ooharmony.com is now getting a range of colours made in italy ( apparently p.martin's were made there and also herbatint is made in italy??? bit fishy)
anyway, they will send me samples when chart is online. also after researching into herbatint found they have a pro range www.colourherbe.co.uk which does supply salons - haven't phoned them yet.

phewie - its a bit tiring isn't it?

also persianista says redken are launching a ppd free range soon.

hope this helps.xx

Thanks hun would be good to be able to go into local stockist look at shade and buy colour lol
Shame it's not that easy! X

In my local stockist they say swarzkoph essensy or essinty can't remember now is ppd free and organic etc was launched a year ago but never tool off?! Wonder why most of there professional products r fab?! X

Essencity isn't ppd free and ammonia free :D and it's really nice, I'm a Loreal girl at heart but use this instead of Inoa (it's less messy)

Essencity isn't ppd free and ammonia free :D and it's really nice, I'm a Loreal girl at heart but use this instead of Inoa (it's less messy)

Thanks it's amazing how the managers of my local stockist are not fully educated about the products they sell lol
They assured me that's the only ppd free colour they sell haha
Having a mare trying to get one I'm going to test tigi tomorrow and if that don't work then I'm going holland and barrats lol find it funny we have to resort to a box colour haha

Thanks for the feedback thou it sounded like a lovely product unfortunately they only had bases on the stand as its not took off they don't have the full colour range :0( x

We use Keune Tinta permanent and Keune Semi in the salon and they are both PPD free. The grey coverage is excellent with both tinta and semi. We often mix semi 1+1 ( equal parts colour and developer ) which give amazing grey coverage but no lint. NO ONE has reported irritation or sensitivity of any kind. The colour mixes nicely and goes a very long way. Also its attractively priced. Keune Haircosmetics: The Art Of HairDesign > Home
We were using PM which we liked and no one had a reaction to it either. However it is not PPD free.

Latest posts

Back