Preparing your customer for a spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

katielou95

To get the best results from a spray tan, they will need to create the best surface for the tan to be applied to. This means taking extra steps to ensure the best results from your tan.

1. Exfoliate and moisturize the skin 24 hours or more prior to the sunless session to create an optimal surface for the spray tan to adhere to.
2. On the day of the session, make sure they do not use any soap, deodorant, cosmetics or lotions of any type on the skin. No exfoliating as this could cause a patchy result.
3. Make sure they wear dark loose fitting clothing.
4. Immediately prior to the session, they will need to liberally coat the hands, elbows, knee’s and feet with barrier cream which should be provided. This is due to those area’s soaking up more tan.
5. Don’t forget the after care of the tan is essential too! To prolong the life of their tan, they can use an oil free tan extender with or without DHA to top up the tan on a daily basis and also use an SLS free body wash.

Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) is the foaming ingredient that is commonly found in mainstream body washes – this breaks down the surface of the skin which means your tan will start to break down quicker. There are many post spray products on the market to help their tan keep on glowing.
Hope these steps help!
x

To get the best results from a spray tan, they will need to create the best surface for the tan to be applied to. This means taking extra steps to ensure the best results from your tan.

1. Exfoliate and moisturize the skin 24 hours or more prior to the sunless session to create an optimal surface for the spray tan to adhere to.
2. On the day of the session, make sure they do not use any soap, deodorant, cosmetics or lotions of any type on the skin. No exfoliating as this could cause a patchy result.
3. Make sure they wear dark loose fitting clothing.
4. Immediately prior to the session, they will need to liberally coat the hands, elbows, knee’s and feet with barrier cream which should be provided. This is due to those area’s soaking up more tan.
5. Don’t forget the after care of the tan is essential too! To prolong the life of their tan, they can use an oil free tan extender with or without DHA to top up the tan on a daily basis and also use an SLS free body wash.

Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) is the foaming ingredient that is commonly found in mainstream body washes – this breaks down the surface of the skin which means your tan will start to break down quicker. There are many post spray products on the market to help their tan keep on glowing.
Hope these steps help!
x

Am I missing the question here?

Am I missing the question here?

Hiya, after reading multiple tanning posts I thought it would benefit some. Just trying to help with tips.

Surely thats usually covered on training courses?

Surely thats usually covered on training courses?
Hiya, you are right but the amount of calls I receive and forums I read with people asking is unbelievable. This post won't help everybody but hopefully it will help some. :)

I think its a fabulous post !

ive seen a few posts on here myself with people looking for answers to questions such as these !

And for some one like myself , who has been out of it for a while but is qualified , its a nice refresher !

Thank you KatieLou ! x

Latest posts

Back