Quiet day..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyPrincess.

Reaction score
Dont you just hate the long quiet days! :zzz: ..
was wondering what you guys do to make it go faster?
im falling asleep and its only 9:45!!!

Hmm, maybe you could phone up clients who you haven't seen for a while and see if you could welcome them back with a special deal? e.g. adding an "extra" treatment free when paying full price for a standard treatment, e.g. free hand massage with a set of nail extensions or something like that?

Better than having the salon empty for most of the day!
Posted via Mobile Device

were closed today but had a quite day yesterday. so i know how you feel. ruths idea is good though. maybe do like a text or something or email ( i should take emails from now on think).

it does make the day go slow when its quite

I take my accordion or violin in & practice that between clients! Other than that there's always the good old cupboard sort-out! I quite often use the, thankfully now few & far between, quiet times to put together newsletters, update the website, sort out promotions & so forth. Sometimes I even go about the local businesses to see if I can tempt them with a half-price treatment in return for some cards/pricelists in their business...via the cake-shop!

i CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN! and have a good old sort out! x

9:45??? in the morning? its half 8 at night here im ready for bed :) xx

sorry im blonde lol just realized you wrote that this morning!! xx

How about texting clients when you are quiet with a special offer? Brow shape with lash tint or something?

Hmm, maybe you could phone up clients who you haven't seen for a while and see if you could welcome them back with a special deal? e.g. adding an "extra" treatment free when paying full price for a standard treatment, e.g. free hand massage with a set of nail extensions or something like that?

Better than having the salon empty for most of the day!
Posted via Mobile Device

They must have been quiet at my normal salon today as this is exactly what they did.

About 10.30am therapist called to tell me their specials on this month.
Posted via Mobile Device

First I would do my banking, and pick up sandwiches for lunch and a pint of milk whilst in the high street.
Then I'd start cleaning - floors, basins, dusting, waxpots, etc etc. and probably take the oppotunity to re-arrange all the retail stock on my shelves to make it look more interesting. Top up all the surgical spirit/witch hazel/steritane/n v remover dispensers too and cotton wool square containers.
Then I'd discuss ideas for future promotions with the girl who I work with, and we'd make a list of what we come up with.
Then there's always stock to order, or even unpack, phone calls to make, little errands to do with the salon.

Sometimes a '' quiet '' day can be a blessing, it gives me time just to catch up and be organised. Just so long as there aren't TOO many of them . . . !

Latest posts

Back