Rank your website well - Group Participation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who already have a google account, just make sure that the status of your google places listing is 100%. if it says less than that then you've missed out some Information so you'll need to go back and check.
All Done!

Thanx so much for doing this! :) xx

I don't know how it all works but i surely want only the reviews that my customers genuinely post. since Ruth Mills and Carl from Verve made my website I am on top of the 1st page of Google in my area for ALL the treatments I do. If your website is properly designed I believe you will get this service included.

I don't know how it all works but i surely want only the reviews that my customers genuinely post. since Ruth Mills and Carl from Verve made my website I am on top of the 1st page of Google in my area for ALL the treatments I do. If your website is properly designed I believe you will get this service included.

I don't think this is the point, we are not leaving false reviews, Just adding each other on google+. I think it has been said that the review part will be left out. Those of us who want to do this have designed our website ourselves so have to do SEO ourselves and j8yba is helping us out! :D

Yes it is usually offered in the design package to maintain and manage your site but unfortunately there are many newbies who can not afford to pay for this kind of thing yet and have only basic templated free websites which then will need you to do the maintenance yourself. Many dont have any idea on how to do this and end up wherever they are in the rankings due to pure luck ( good or bad) and have to rely heavily on the fact that clients might type in their exact keywords on google to find the service they offer. For instance if you type in Nails in London you will get loads of returns and you might be on page 5000, but if you type in nails, south london, mobile, and those are the services you offer and it matches your keywords exactly, you might be on the first few pages. Anyway, so this could help those that have not been able to get their sites professionally designed to stand a fighting chance. We all have to start somewhere.
I started out with a free site but because of my previous experience ( probably a bit outdated now) I have consistently been on the first page but it takes work and those hours could be better spent earning money rather than trying to earn money.
By cross referencing you are getting your name out there, it's kind of like a popularity contest, the more you are mentioned on the web, the more popular you become in the rankings and move your way up the list

Hi Peeps!

So onto the next stage of this process, is to add your website to the many MANY directories there are out there, for now we'll concentrate on the big ones, these are the ones which feature usually on first and second pages of Google when your searching.

So, add your business details, and description and most importantly your web address to the following directories... BE warned though, you WILL get some of them ringing you up the following day to "upgrade" your free listing to a paid for listing, just tell them your not interested...

Yell.com
Thomsonlocal.com
FreeIndex - The FREE UK business directory
bizwiki.co.uk
Scoot.com
Smilelocal.com
hotfroguk.co.uk
Freeindex.co.uk
ufindus.com
city-visitor.com

To name just a few! Theres probalby another 15 or so which we can do later on.

We'll come to the other directories later, these include Yelp, Wahanda, Qype, foursquare and some others, as more work will be put into these including photos etc

Make sure you check your emails as when you register it'll send you a activation link etc.

Ok, speak soon!

Ok, done that, thanks.

How's everyone else getting on?

You were right about the calls! I told them i have no money - they get that idea lol

Already listed on most of them, but there were a couple that I needed to do. Thanks for the help!:p

Already listed on most of them aswell! :)

I'm listed on all of them too! Just waiting on that postcard from google to confirm my google places! x

Hi,

Firstly a big thank you to J8yba.

I have read through the entire thread and am surprised by the amount of negativity there seems to be. Such a shame when someone has gone out of their way to help others.

If you do not want join in then you have the freedom to choose. J8yba ignore the negative responses and please accept my thank you and I am sure that of others who have found your guidance so far a great help.

I have followed you guidance, registered and up to date so far. I look forward to the next installment. :p

@ k4ren - The negative responses are not because individuals do not want to parricipate. They are genuine concerns about the methods being used and therefore a valid contribution to the thread if you ask me.

What each person choses to do is.completely up to them but id be a.fool if I just sat and watched people potentially make a mistake which could.be.very difficult to fix.

Adding free listings is easy and yes more listings adds to your website authority in search engines. But there is so much more to consider when doing this that the average user could miss or.complete incorrectly. Its not just a case of add your details and job done.....NAP consistency and GeoTagging are just 2 examples from a very long list.

Im not saying dont follow the advice, but please do your research first. There are tons of available websites out there which will help guide you.

For starters....Google Mike Blumenthal and Linda Buquet and you will get an insight on just how.complex local SEO can be. X

I have been dealing with Local SEO for 5 years now and still google is unpredictable and changes their algo regularly. Im learning everyday so please please be careful......I dont want to see a new thread started in month or 2 titled....HELP....my website has disappeared from Google.

Good luck peeps .and be careful x

Good luck all x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hey Jay, all my listings are starting to appear. I've even managed to get my web site live on my facebook page.
Looking forward to the next step.

From a quick scan through, I can't see anything horribly wrong (ok, false reviews are a little odd) with what's being done. I would say that there's probably not as much benefit to the directories that a lot of people think.

Most directories know people are using them for a boost to SEO, so they
counteract it by tagging the link back to the site with "nofollow". This basically means Google will completely ignore it.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with making yourself visible to humans over Googles SEO by being in the places your clients will look.

Stuff like having a Google+ page is only really useful if you use it, same as Facebook and twitter etc. If you're just looking for an SEO hit, it might work.. but personally, providing something interesting for clients to return to (be it a blog or whatever) is the real way to get people back to your site!

Hi Guys, sorry been away from the Internet for a week doing other bits. Also I wasnt getting any emails to tell me people had posted on this topic.

Ok well im glad those who are taking part are seeing some results, albeit minor but it's never a quick process!

I'll come back on this week and we can look at some more ways of increasing your web presence and hopefully making your website more SEO friendly.

For those still concerned about the methods I'm using, most of them are recommended in Googles own Webmaster tools recommended tips documents available online for free.

:D:D Thanks Jay. Waiting for the next step!

Latest posts

Back