Realistically, if I retrained at age 46, would a hair/beauty salon employ me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own a salon and my older clients love a more mature therapist. I love them too because they tend to be more reliable, stay for longer and tend to have more intuition when it comes to little things like cleaning up after themselves! I say go for it!

I train when I was not too young already have a child going to middle school and I did not have problem in jobs at salon. I think salon think that if you 20 or if you 50 does not matter only matter that you know how to work and work good and that you dress nice and take care of look professional. In salon I work now we have girls older and younger but all of staff are clean and professional personality I think this is what lots salons look for. I did work before in more trendy salon for younger girls with younger nail tech but most girl also were very proffesional and I think this is first skill employer look for with quality of work. So please dont worry because if you can do work good and can be proffesional then this age problem is not problem.

Latest posts

Back