Removing IBD polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NatCas

Reaction score
Does anyone else have any issues removing IBD JG polish? I follow the removal process but it takes longer than 10 mins and I still have to buff some of it off.
I really need to speed up the removal process as it is making gel polish appointments take way too long.
Thanks

Are you filing the shine off before you soak? IBD is usually a fairly easy removal.

Are you filing the shine off before you soak? IBD is usually a fairly easy removal.
Yes, I start by filing off the shine, then I soak a cotton pad in acetone, place on the nail and cover with a nail clip. I wait the 10 mins, when I check it I can see that the acetone has had an effect but it is nowhere near ready for coming off so it leave it on for longer but still when I come back to it I am having to buff it off rather than it coming away easily.

Start with the first finger, file the shine off and and wrap in acetone soaked cotton wool /tin foil. Keep going finger by finger. By the time they are all wrapped, the first one will be ready to remove. You might find that the way you have been doing it, the acetone has evaporated in the heat and the nails reset.

Sorry to drop in can i ask , is ibd jg a good gel polish to work with, im about to set up mobile x

Sorry to drop in can i ask , is ibd jg a good gel polish to work with, im about to set up mobile x
I wondering this too! Thinking of changing brand x

Yes, I start by filing off the shine, then I soak a cotton pad in acetone, place on the nail and cover with a nail clip. I wait the 10 mins, when I check it I can see that the acetone has had an effect but it is nowhere near ready for coming off so it leave it on for longer but still when I come back to it I am having to buff it off rather than it coming away easily.
It's possible that the acetone evaporates because of the nail clip and the polish rehardens. Try wrapping it in foil and then put the clip on top.

IBD is a dream to remove when applied correctly. I don't even buff the top coat when I remove. Wrap and 8 minutes later off it pops in one piece.

Start with the first finger, file the shine off and and wrap in acetone soaked cotton wool /tin foil. Keep going finger by finger. By the time they are all wrapped, the first one will be ready to remove. You might find that the way you have been doing it, the acetone has evaporated in the heat and the nails reset.
I will give that a go, the way you describe it is what it looks like when I take the clip and cotton off, its obviously had an effect, lifted and bubbled but still hard, so it would make sense that it has reset. I currently have a colour on I want to change so I will give it ago on myself later.

Thank you

I really like it, very hard wearing. Lovely colours. All I would say is remember to roll the bottles as the colour separates if not and you can end up with clear gel but once you roll they mix nicely.
I've been very please with so far.

IBD is a dream to remove when applied correctly. I don't even buff the top coat when I remove. Wrap and 8 minutes later off it pops in one piece.
I do believe that I am applying it correctly, is there anything in the application process that I might be missing that is hindering the removal?

Are you applying the base coat too thick?

I do believe that I am applying it correctly, is there anything in the application process that I might be missing that is hindering the removal?

How thick is your base coat?

I really like it, very hard wearing. Lovely colours. All I would say is remember to roll the bottles as the colour separates if not and you can end up with clear gel but once you roll they mix nicely.
I've been very please with so far.
I do this but still have problems with lighter colours being almost transparent even after 5+ coats. I lover the darker colours though

I lightly buff the nails soak the cotton pad in acetone and wrap in tin foil most of the time the polish comes off straight away. Very occasionally I have to buff after

Latest posts

Back