Renting a Table?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapphire nails

Reaction score
Hi guys,

From you oppinion is it better to set an amount to pay for renting a desk (per day or per week) OR to have a percentage agreed to be taken from your treatments.

I think long term a set rate will be the best, but just wanted to double check before i go ahead.

Thanks

Hi guys,

From you oppinion is it better to set an amount to pay for renting a desk (per day or per week) OR to have a percentage agreed to be taken from your treatments.

I think long term a set rate will be the best, but just wanted to double check before i go ahead.

Thanks

I agree....back in the day when I rented space I always paid a set amount for the week. As long as you have some money behind you to cover for a few quiet weeks at first, then you will reap the benefits once you start to have fully booked weeks where giving away a percentage could really mount up!!

Loads of girls on her do pay a percentage though, and it will be interesting to see who prefers this to paying a set amount.

Would you mind if I asked what you paid?

Gem

10 years ago....let's just say I have never paid less than £100 a week.....and this was not city centre, and initially not even a room, but literally 'space' next to the reception desk.
I am not moaning about this though....as this was when I really learned my trade and was making good money!!!!

thanks so much

Hi,
1st place I rented beauty rooms in was over a hair salon, I was very lucky only paid 15%.
So on the days when I had no one in......which did happen it cost me nothing, but on a good day I was more than happy to pay my commision.
But it was because it had not been used for nails & beauty for 6 years, so I had to build up clientelle.
If the salon is busy and clients are waiting for you to open I would go with a set rent, then you know where you are.
But do put some aside for those quiet weeks, they do happen, and you cannot always know when.
I now have a home salon, very quiet......sending letters to all previous clients today. But my house is out in the sticks, so no passing trade.........Few ducks just flew past!!!!
Good luck Hun.
Lotsa luv x x x :hug: x x x

Latest posts

Back