Repeated lifting with Geleration

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara Satchell

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere - but I cant find it if it has!

I have about 5 clients who repeatedly have problems with their Geleration Manicures lifting. Only after a couple of days. I am so so careful to leave the margin around the cuticle area and I prep fastidiously!

My bulbs are new, I have tried LED cure and UV. I have tried with and without Builder. My clients say they are using gloves when needed so I am at a complete loss and feel really down about this. I hate my work not being perfect.

Any advice?

X:sad:X

Hi Sarah,

There are a few reasons why some clients suffer with lifting of gel manicures and they are common to all manicures using UV cured colour no matter which brand you choose to use.

The type of lamp you use will not make any difference to the problem as long as the product is fully cured with the lamp you are using, so I think you can rule that one out as the cause of the service breakdown.

I think you can also rule out your prep being a cause as you are an experienced nail technician.

Lifting is either caused by client interference or by the condition of the natural nails. UV cured polishes work best on healthy, strong nails.

Buffing when prepping and scraping product off when removing (instead of letting the product fully soften with remover and then removing any stubborn bits with a pad soaked in remover) deteriorate the condition of the natural nail over time and some nails react badly when damaged and dehydrated.

When nails are in a weakened state they are very porous and swell more quickly and more easily when immersed in water ... Especially hot water ... and even when wearing gloves .. Swelling and then shrinking is the same as being bendy/flexible. Not all natural nails are equal in strength and some are softer than others. Bendy/weakened nails cause a UV cured manicure to lift and separate from the plate.

You have options for these clients. They either need enhancements if they are impatient or they need to have a course of IBX which will allow their nails to grow naturally and protect them against future dehydration and more problems.
You can find out more about IBX and how it works at Home - IBX Nails by Famous Names | Professional Nail Strengthener

HTH

Last edited:
Hi Gigi,

Thanks so much for your reply.

I think maybe I have been removing a little too harshly, and that combined with clients maybe not following the aftercare 100% could be the cause.

My solution at the moment is asking the client to have a rest for a while, and change to treatment manicures, lots of moisturisation. I have had a look at the link you gave and I would like to know more about this.

Is this a CND product? Who distributes this in the UK?

x

Never mind! Just found the info x

Hi Gigi,

Thanks so much for your reply.

I think maybe I have been removing a little too harshly, and that combined with clients maybe not following the aftercare 100% could be the cause.

My solution at the moment is asking the client to have a rest for a while, and change to treatment manicures, lots of moisturisation. I have had a look at the link you gave and I would like to know more about this.

Is this a CND product? Who distributes this in the UK?

x

It is an amazing product and is distributed by Louellabel

Not one nail tech in the world using UV cured polish should be without IBX. It's an absolute necessity for many clients. X

Latest posts

Back