Reputation Poll - gotta be done...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reputation...

• I'm a wussy and hate any kind of confrontation...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Reaction score
We ALL have an opinion... Positive & Negative Reputation... do you want it:?: OR NOT.....:irked:

Hi ya

I say yes! However threads moaning about it are banned!

Yes, Please xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Im indifferent. I think on one hand it is a good idea in the fact that people can give rep for something they feel is a good/bad point. On the other hand I think there has been way too much pot stirring and sarcasism on here and the rep has been used to point score further. I think if it is to return then peoples names shouldnt be with-held. If someone has constructive critism then they shouldnt mind having their name next to it.

I think enough has been said, so no comments ...voted yes (please) xx

I would say go for it and have it put back on but my only concern is that people take it way too personal if they recieve a negative point. If it is re-instated and you do get a neg rep point just take it on the chin. Sam has worked really hard on this site for us Geeks and he really shouldnt have to deal with all the crap, he works a full time job, travels all over the world working away from home, has a family life and I think we should all take that into account and give him a break. There has been a lot of upset on the board recently, lets put it all behind us and remember we are part of the Geeky family and pull together as a team.
David

I like the rep point system, but it has to be used properly, not as some quick kick some ones shin and run away tool.....just because a poster has p**d someone personally off............

It is a fab system, as long as it is not used as a lauch base for verbal missiles xxxx

I think we should have it back, BUT if your gonna post your point of view then you've gotta take it on the chin if people disagree.

I was looking for keep it, bring it back suggests it's gone already :irked:

I know I posted about it recently, it wasn't cos I got negative rep ( I can take it, Im a big girl) - what I was bothered about was I didn't know why; it would be the same if I got positive rep with no comment.
So PLEASE, if you give negative rep, leave a comment - if we don't know what we did/said wrong we can't put it right!

I have voted yes, it makes you a better poster and you have got to take neg rep points on the chin.

Well said Vicky!!! :D
If you can dish it you gotta take it!

Debz xxx
vicky said:
I think we should have it back, BUT if your gonna post your point of view then you've gotta take it on the chin if people disagree.

nailfairy said:
Im indifferent. I think on one hand it is a good idea in the fact that people can give rep for something they feel is a good/bad point. On the other hand I think there has been way too much pot stirring and sarcasism on here and the rep has been used to point score further. I think if it is to return then peoples names shouldnt be with-held. If someone has constructive critism then they shouldnt mind having their name next to it.

I think this is an excellent point. When I have given positive rep I have nearly always added Mrs G at the end... I haven't however added my name for negative rep but would be willing to do so! The above comment of 'If someone has constructive criticism then they shouldn't mind having their name next to it' is excellent!

I also agree that the rep system has been used to sling mud!! I have accused Sam tonight of cowtowing to the smaller numbers of people who have BMW'd about receiving neg rep; many of us have had good and bad and have been able to take it on the chin.

I am not getting at the BMW's here, I simply felt he was being unfair to the majority of us who enjoyed the rep system. That is why I decided on a poll... we have a ways to go and I have it ending in 5 days!

I am willing to go with the majority vote which is only fair and just!!!

I beleive that the rep system is a great gauge for how you are going... If you are getting negative rep, it should serve as a reminder that maybe you are not on the right track with something....

Overall it's a good thing to be able to reward the effort and consideration of those who do have good - Acurate knowledge that are kind enough to share with and help everyone else....

bring it back.....i am quite hard faced so negative rep doesnt bother me if its constructive and i can learn from it, if its for a fickle reason........then hay ho, worst things happen at sea :D
when i get positive ...........then i get a nice warm glow inside :hug:

I voted "yes" too, I miss my green box.
I like being able to add to a Geek's reputation if I think they have made a good post. I would have to be severely p'd by a posting to give neg rep.
x

Nailsinlondon1 said:
I like the rep point system, but it has to be used properly, not as some quick kick some ones shin and run away tool.....just because a poster has p**d someone personally off............

It is a fab system, as long as it is not used as a lauch base for verbal missiles xxxx

I fully agree with Ruth and Nailfairy. I thought long and hard about whether I wanted it back, and my initial reaction was keep it off. But you know what I like my little green blip and I miss it!

If I have posted something good then it's nice to know, but it's also good to know if you are way off mark ... and why, and that's where the neg rep irks me, because people don't put why, or put some petty comment like "too sucking up" which to me means "too supportive"!!. So no, neg reps don't bother me one iota as they are far outweighed by all the positives (thanks guys), but the lack of constructive criticism does. But all in all I think the rep system makes us better at posting.

However I do think people will always complain about neg reps since the anonymity of them means you have no right to reply and defend yourself.

BTW Mrs Geek what is a BMW, I only know it as a German car or a rastaferian reggae band!

I would like it back too, please Sam, pretty please with sugar on the top LOL.

I have received neg rep in the past and I had just managed to get only green blobs showing on the list and it gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

I also agree though that if it comes back then we are not allowed to make any complaints about neg rep or otherwise.

Sassy Hassy said:
BTW Mrs Geek what is a BMW, I only know it as a German car or a rastaferian reggae band!

are you ready for this.........:?: :?:

Bitcher, Moaner, Winger....BMW - learnt it on a course once and thought it was amusing.... sorry if others don't ;) I guess I can't get any neg rep right now....:Grope: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree with the previous poster in that if you feel passionate enough to comment then be 'man' enough to sign your name, that way if it gets ugly you can do it pm'ing between yourselves without ganging up or mud slinging in public.

I've recieved good & bad rep, with no idea who gave what but sticks & stones can break my bones but names will never hurt me. Childish I know but I think with some people it's got to that stage, I have a 2yr old who needs a playmate if you're interested.

Chill, for Sams sake & sanity. Don't spoil his baby, I like it here.
Sonia

lmao ahhhhhhhh see samantha you can say what you like at the mo and NO ONE can give you a bad rep ! can only report you to your hubby ! lol

i do agree with whats been said previously - its very touching to find someone has given you good reps but "imagine" lol that it is disheartening when bad reps have been given and no comments - can handle the comments as you learn by them if constructive but wouldnt like to receive bad rep no comment no name !

Little Angel should get some good reps coming her way for her point - that if it comes back then NO MORE THREADS on the subject !!! but im sure there will be ! lol

kx

Mrs Geek said:
are you ready for this.........:?: :?:

Bitcher, Moaner, Winger....BMW - learnt it on a course once and thought it was amusing.... sorry if others don't ;) I guess I can't get any neg rep right now....:Grope: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back